Blotchey Blueys size difference

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ntise

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm having a little problem with my two Blotchey Blue-tongues, they were separated for the first 6-8 months of their life but have been together now for almost a year in a 4ft glass tank, with one being slightly larger than the other. They are approx. 20cm SVL but over the last few months the smaller one (who was once lost in the house for 6 weeks brumating) has started to get significantly larger in width. I have watched them feed together and the big fella eats constantly and occasionally tries to take the others food from its mouth, other then that the now smaller one eats slower and less frequently. I have begun to feed them seperately for the first 10 min of feeding but I leave the food in for a few hours normally so they can eat to their fill.

So I was just wondering if maybe the larger is bullying the smaller or if there is anything else you guys can suggest about the size difference and eating habits?

Thanks heaps.

best starting point to see if it is bullying affecting the now smaller one is to seperate them and see if its habits go back to normal,....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back