Blue Northern Green Tree Frog

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not 100% sure that is blue, if it is i need my eyes checked. GTF's can change colour and can go more bluish, but there are also some that are actually blue or partially blue (as in blue that isnt greenish). There was one in a thread recently that looked like the real deal.

hmmm good thinking mate , but even so 25 frog 180 for the permit to get it out of WA and then freight charges

thats one expensive frog

the frog is that blue so if its just glowing or changed colour it wouldnt be that diffrent from the normal colour

Looks like just a Green Tree Frog to me. My Baby Red eyes changed from Green to Yellow to Brown and still do all the time!

ha oh well i just want my tree froggy! i will check em out one day!!

Im not 100% sure that is blue, if it is i need my eyes checked. GTF's can change colour and can go more bluish, but there are also some that are actually blue or partially blue (as in blue that isnt greenish). There was one in a thread recently that looked like the real deal.

Yes, I would guess that it will go green, some species of green tree frogs change colours or have a higher range of colour change as juvies, I would expect them to go green as they age, if they are not already green. Only a very small percentage (bred from green parents) will remain blue as their staple colouration.

Some species eg some Ctenophorus have marking that become visible when viewed with cameras that show outside the visible light spectrum, other species reflect uv like scorpians.....me and another are presently compiling more data at the moment before I comment further

Cheers,
Scott

That statement is incorrect......

Cheers,
Scott

How do you knw what species they tried with? Either way interesting to know some reptiles look differant under a black light.

well im going down there in about a week or two i will take pictures of any blue ones if i see any.

That statement is incorrect......

Cheers,
Scott
Im sorry but how is that statement incorrect when i clearly said "the herps that iv tried including frogs"
I have tried GTFs but i have not tried it on a great number of species
All the herps that iv tried it with had little or no effect and most certainly did not "glow"

Geckoman,

Sorry I mis read your post...I thought you made said that reptiles and frogs do not work at all in terms of blacklight exposure.

Sorry about the mix up, cheers,
Scott

i sttill havent been down there but i will soon/////////

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back