Blue- Tongue and Cunningham Skinks?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MathewB

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if I could keep a Cunningham Skink with my Blue-Tongue outside? Size of the enclosure isn't an issue but my Blue-Tongue, Bluey (How original is that?;)), isn't always in the best of moods but he is improving. If need be I can split the enclosure into two enclosure's. I have heard that they eat almost the same diet as a Blue-Tongue so that's cool. So if anyone can answer these questions please or supply some sort of care sheet:
  • Will they get stressed if they can't climb big branches like Beardies?
  • I'm pretty sure they get like 30-40cms, right?
  • What's their temperment?
  • Is it true they love 'n' live in rock outcrops?
  • How long do they live?
  • Anything else I should know?
Thanks guy's! Peace!:D
Enclosure:
IMG_0295.jpgIMG_0311.jpg
IMG_0309.jpgIMG_0291.jpg

pencil.png

I was wondering if I could keep a Cunningham Skink with my Blue-Tongue outside? Size of the enclosure isn't an issue but my Blue-Tongue, Bluey (How original is that?;)), isn't always in the best of moods but he is improving. If need be I can split the enclosure into two enclosure's. I have heard that they eat almost the same diet as a Blue-Tongue so that's cool. So if anyone can answer these questions please or supply some sort of care sheet:
  • Will they get stressed if they can't climb big branches like Beardies?
  • I'm pretty sure they get like 30-40cms, right?
  • What's their temperment?
  • Is it true they love 'n' live in rock outcrops?
  • How long do they live?
  • Anything else I should know?
Thanks guy's! Peace!:D
Enclosure:
View attachment 192080View attachment 192083
View attachment 192081View attachment 192086

pencil.png

Blueys and cunninghams can go together, with cunninghams you should have rocks, wouldn't worry too much about branches, their diet is the same, cunninghams get to 20cm svl, not sure how long they live for have had mine for 5 years as far as temperament goes mine don't fight but in saying that I have seen my cunninghams race over from the other end of the enclosure and jump on my blueys back and nudge him on the side of the neck, never bitten though.

Ok thanks, do you feed your lizards at the same time or with the same bowl thing? Also are they diggers?

cunninghams skinks are predominantly a rock-dwelling skink, living in crevices and rock outcrops
bluetongues on the other hand are found in almost any environment inside their distribution, and yes, bluetongues dig

You misunderstand me, I meant do the Cunninghams Skinks dig? I think I'll be getting some soon :)

Yes I have seen my cunninghams dig a hole around the pond and sleep in there, as for feeding I have 4 different species in my pit and they all eat out of the same bowl at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back