Blue tongue problem

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wrightson

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Greystanes, New South Wales, Australia, Australia
I have two blue tongues one large male and a smaller one I am no sure of, they lived fine together for months until the smaller one (suspected female) stopped eating, after months separated giving her time grow larger, after introducing her back into the enclosure they were interacting fine, I came out and found that the smaller one had her tail almost ripped off from about 3cm up. Is there any chance the wounds can get infected and if so what can I do, I have separated the two. Below is a picture comparing the two in size and showing the wound.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 111
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 103
Keep them separate from now on, I would dilute some betadie in water a gently dab the deep wounds, they should heel up over time, the smaller one not eating was a sign that he/she was stressed out by the dominate one. Dose he/she have a enclosure of her/his own, I would use paper towel or newspaper, make sure her enclosure is clean at all times to avoid infection.

How's he/she doing now?

Hi there I don't want to take over this thread with another question but is it recommended not to house 2blue tongues 2gthr?? I know sum1 who has just purchased but still to pick up 2 5month old bluetongues that come with a 2foot by 2foot tank.will they b ok in a tank tht size 2gthr or should i be telling him it might b better to seperate thm

I would tell him to not even think about putting two blue tongues together, I did never again, them fighting was ridiculous!

Dose he want a badly beaten up blue tongue?

I would tell him to not even think about putting two blue tongues together, I did never again, them fighting was ridiculous!

Dose he want a badly beaten up blue tongue?

He told me the seller hd thm housed 2gthr in tht 2foot tank.this is his 1st time owning sumthing like this and I only have a couple of snakes so have no idea about bluetongues .wasnt until I saw this thread an thought I had better ask.cheers for that I shall tell him he's going to have to seperate them

The tail should heal fine....as suggested keep it clean and dry. I had a wild bts that was attacked by a dog looked heap worse. Kept it for a month before release. Still see it around the yard. It's tails not "normal" yet but it's doing fine.
As for housing multiple bts together. I have had my four together for a few years no problem. Big enclosure lots of hides.........not suggesting you should put those two together again. Looks like they don't like each other.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk

Sorry been a bit slack, the bed adobe worked perfectly, she has gone back to being out in the open now that she is in her own enclosure. Stupid question tho, what does it mean if they wiggle their tail when around another bluey?

- - - Updated - - -

Got to love auto correct the first line is suppose to say benadine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back