Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Jonno

Strange reason as to why you would split them from the rest of the herd.

I'm still curious regarding the venom though?

Hi Baxtor,
Thanks for the update! Im so glad, your finger is looking SO much better!
Having suffered necrosis myself, I was really concerned for you, to be honest, I was expecting you to have at least some tissue loss. Im glad that you have made such a good recovery.. although you still have a ways to go, at leatst it looks as if your finger is out of danger.

The nerves will settle down, it just takes a long time.. I am still numb over the scarred graft area, but the hyper sensitivity around it is gone now. What you describe is pretty normal when you have had nerve and tissue damage.

Out of curiosity, do you get a cold/burning sensation all at the same time around the affected area? Its almost like you cant tell if its freezing or burning, its like both at once..
I found as the area healed more, I would get that sensation.. Its not really painful, more weird than anything!

Hope you keep us posted on your recovery, looks like you still have some swelling, which I assume would hinder the use of the finger??

-Chris

I can't say the feeling is as you describe chris (that might come later) but weird does cover it. Even the "dead" feeling area only seems to be so at the skin deep level. I can still feel deeper down so long as enough pressure is applied but it has a real sting to it. The weirdest feeling is the "filling with blood" feeling when the finger is used to any great extent. Use of the finger is more or less back to normal other than the nursing of it due to extra sensitivity in places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back