Blueys

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kawasakirider

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, my GF spotted this bluey and another one at home while I was out, I came home and this one was still hanging around. After I put him down he was happy to continue to run around looking for bugs infront of me.

8ed7eb6c.jpg

bac311fb.jpg

IMG_2929.jpg

His tail had healed over. Will their tail not grow back if too much of it is ripped off? The other one had a full tail, I'll upload a pic of that one later, my GF took it. I haven't seen it yet.

Also, how to male blueys combat? She said that the two butted heads for a few seconds before taking off in other directions.

My understanding about their tails is if a section is bitten off it will heal over and wont grow back, only when they drop their tail will it grow back.

It was my understanding that bluetongues cant 'drop' their tail intentionally, like a garden skink would, but their tales do tend to be quite easily bitten off by predators or in fights and their tail MAY grow back to a certain degree, but wont go back to like it was

Bluetongue in your garden

Bluetongue lizards are an asset in the garden as they keep the number of snails, worms and other pests down.

It is difficult to make your garden blue tongue lizard environment. All you need is plenty of food and shelter. If you have a pile of rocks and logs on the ground, piles of leaves, mulch, ground covers and low shrubs, then you're taking care of both requirements. Because beetles, spiders, snails and other critters that like moist, sheltered many hiding places, too many holes.

The quickest way to end his blue tongue lizard population is using snail pellets. Bluetongue, love snails and can not go beyond them. The lizards eat snails poisoned and dies as well. The population of snails will recover, the population of lizards. (It's a typical scenario that plays over and over again whenever people use chemicals to control pests.) Leave the control of snails to lizards, eventually will catch up. Do not panic if you see a snail few. You need a few blue tongues or starve.

The other thing to watch out for blue tongue lizards hiding in the grass when mowing. The noise did not scare them. But will turn around and threaten the lawn mower with BT, which in this case is somewhat inefficient.

Keep your cat indoors (which should anyway), teach your dog to share their food (a good poke in the ribs every time he looks in the direction of a lizard that has worked well in this house), and of course Do not run the blue tongue lizard more on the way while trying to warm up enough to move.

Bluetongue in your garden

Bluetongue lizards are an asset in the garden as they keep the number of snails, worms and other pests down.

It is difficult to make your garden blue tongue lizard environment. All you need is plenty of food and shelter. If you have a pile of rocks and logs on the ground, piles of leaves, mulch, ground covers and low shrubs, then you're taking care of both requirements. Because beetles, spiders, snails and other critters that like moist, sheltered many hiding places, too many holes.

The quickest way to end his blue tongue lizard population is using snail pellets. Bluetongue, love snails and can not go beyond them. The lizards eat snails poisoned and dies as well. The population of snails will recover, the population of lizards. (It's a typical scenario that plays over and over again whenever people use chemicals to control pests.) Leave the control of snails to lizards, eventually will catch up. Do not panic if you see a snail few. You need a few blue tongues or starve.

The other thing to watch out for blue tongue lizards hiding in the grass when mowing. The noise did not scare them. But will turn around and threaten the lawn mower with BT, which in this case is somewhat inefficient.

Keep your cat indoors (which should anyway), teach your dog to share their food (a good poke in the ribs every time he looks in the direction of a lizard that has worked well in this house), and of course Do not run the blue tongue lizard more on the way while trying to warm up enough to move.

since when have worms been pests????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back