Bobtail Diarrhoea? HELP

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardieLover

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I brought a bobtail at weekend. Picked her up just then and she had diarrhoea all down me! It has a lil lump of white and then rest was runny brown. What should I be feeding her? She sometimes does these lil sneezes is she sick?

Thanks

Poor little critter.

Maybe she's caught the flu (sneezing) or she's very stressed by the move and new surroundings and by her new owner.

Animals have involuntary bowel movements when they are extremely scared.

the little sneezy things are normal, as long as its not heaps and heaps,...

ive heard that too much meat can give them the runs, but if it continues get a poop test done from the vet to look for parasites.

my most recent research found that wild shinglebacks stomach contents show that they tend to be about 94% veg, so mine get chopped up greens daily (bok, chinese broc, pak choy, rocket etc)every second day they get something yummy mixed thru (1 of either, mandarin, banana, blueberrys, frozen/thawed peas, steamed cauliflower, or whatever else fruit/veg i find that theyre feeling partial to at the time)

once a fortnight they get either a small square foil tin of mydog (very rare and thats shared between 4 of them), or generally lean beef strips or chicken, or roaches/crickets (that takes a bit of teaching, lol), or snails when theyre in season. im still looking fro the pet mince where they mince up the whole chicken carcass, their breeder said that was better than plain breast.

is it an adult?

where are the pics? :)

they seem to enjoy peeing on people, everytime i hand one to my parents theyre peed on within a minute! :p

shingles are such awesome lizards, i just cant get enough of mine! :p

hehehe my bluey sneezes every now and then ... soooo cute. Also if it only had the runs when you picked her up, she may have just been a lil stressed etc coz when I first got my bluey he shat down my hand and it was not solid lol
But congrads on your new bobtail mate! :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back