Boelens Pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevec

www.prestigepythons.com.au
Reaction score
HI Everyone

Just thought I would share some pics of my all time favourite snake, the Boelens Python. I worked with these amazing animals for about 8 years in the UK before selling them all and moving to SA 4 months ago. I have to admit I miss owning them but coming to australia was more important.

I hope you enjoy.

Steve

STU_2096.jpgDSCF2131.jpgDSCF2051.jpgDSCF2013.jpgDSCF2189.jpg

they are one of my all time favorites its got to be a bummer selling them to come here, what are you planning on keeping now the boelens are out

Wow they look amazing, and you even managed to capture the 'rainbow'. did you actually get paid to look after them or was it just for the love of them for 8 years, and welcome to both APS and SA :)

Beautiful animals, sorry to hear you had to part with them... but wow, that sheen is impressive.
:)

Thanks. I will be getting back into my BHP as they are my second favourite, some roughies and maybe a few other bits.

Here are 2 pics at about 4 months old (pics 2 and 4), I love the colour at that age, and a couple at about a year old as they go through colour change.

Steve

Young boelens 06.01.05 026.jpgJuvinile boelen 028.jpgYoung boelens 06.01.05 030.jpgJuvinile boelen 014.jpg

Last few pics.
Zoos over here should have some of these beauties, I dont think there are any in Australia, please correct me if I am wrong?

Thanks, Steve

_2120.jpgDSCF2145.jpg_2109.jpg_2110.jpg
pencil.png

Attachments

• _2097.jpg
    _2097.jpg
    462.8 KB · Views: 74
Wow they look amazing, and you even managed to capture the 'rainbow'. did you actually get paid to look after them or was it just for the love of them for 8 years, and welcome to both APS and SA :)

Thanks Jaxrtfm

They where mine, it would have been nice to have been payed to look after them. Lol It was the love of them, they really are stunning, gentle, amazing animals.

Thanks again
Steve

Thanks all, yes the good parts of moving to SA far outweigh the bad points like selling my Boelens collection.

They are an absolutely stunning snake, definitely one of my favourites. I'm afraid I couldn't have parted with them for anything, behind the Retic they are the most beautiful python species there is. I guess Rough Scales will be the one species your UK mates wont have, for the time being at least :)

Like everyone has said,beautiful and definately a favourite of mine as well.How much did they cost and did you have any luck breeding them,because what i have read they are not often bred,unless things have changed in the last few years.I have the book Black Python which is all about the Boelens and they get pretty big and chunky.Im also pretty sure i saw a Boelens not on display at the Australian Reptile Park about 2 years ago.

They are an absolutely stunning snake, definitely one of my favourites. I'm afraid I couldn't have parted with them for anything, behind the Retic they are the most beautiful python species there is. I guess Rough Scales will be the one species your UK mates wont have, for the time being at least :)

Hey boa, A choice between a snake and a new life in the most fantastic countries in the world, the snake was never gonna win Im afraid.

One for you Boa, its a Kayuadi Dwarf retic, they where amazing little things too.

Dwarf Retic 1.jpgDwarf retic 2.jpg

Like everyone has said,beautiful and definately a favourite of mine as well.How much did they cost and did you have any luck breeding them,because what i have read they are not often bred,unless things have changed in the last few years.I have the book Black Python which is all about the Boelens and they get pretty big and chunky.Im also pretty sure i saw a Boelens not on display at the Australian Reptile Park about 2 years ago.

Thanks Lachesis

They cost thousands of british £ each, I was a bit addicted to them and spent far too much! I personally think that there has only been 1 breeding in America about 10 years ago, but nothing since, even though there are people out there who claim to have bred them. The Barkers hatched a clutch from a gravid wild caught adult they managed to import to America.

My success with them was that I kept them alive with no troubles at all for 8 years, when it came to breeding them I always kept my fingers crossed but in the end just had them down as some very expensive pets.

Thanks, Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back