boiling blood

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dossy

Reaction score
just the other side of a galaxy not to far from th
just a warning this is a venting thread if you dnt like it dnt read it simple

3 months ago mum said she was going to clean the study at that point i left the house to get out of the way i came home and there was crap everywere nothing was neatly stacked there were just piles apon piles of books and folders and a whole bunch of stupid background crap ( mums latvian andd makes sure every one knows) on the floor everywere. now our house isnt all that big but the hallway was covored in crap and the living room was covored in crap and the study was covored in crap and the kitchen was covored in crap and the dining room ( other side of kitchen bench) was covored in crap, basicly evrything other then my room and my sisters room was under a pile of junk. on the weekend i had a few mates over and i made some stuff neat by stacking books and stuff and mum went off at me because i have no idea what im doing. today i fell down a flight of stairs because there are plastic sleves just sitting in dumb spots.

mum has taken over the kitchen table to do her " hobbies" such as weaving and knitting and other things like that. mum has litraly taken over the entire house and no one can touch a thing to make room with out having our heads bitten of by the beast.

earlyer this week mum came into my room and "cleaned" my room but infact what she had done was toss out some paper work i needed for a job interveiw and my reptile record keeping book ( one with dates fed ect ect not the blue and white page book u send into the deccw) and she told me my room was to messy because there was stuff on the floor, there was 2 tshirts 2 pair of pants a pair of shoes and a pillow.

i swear if this crap in the house is not cleand up in 2 weeks its all getting dumped on her side of mum and dads room, if it makes it back out and not cleand up the stuff that can be sold will be sold and the usless crap will be burnt through out winter.

also since the junk has made its way from the study to the house mum has been picking fights with everyone, no matter what tone you use( for example i asked wich draw my school reports were in andshe replyed with "the draw" so again i asked wich one and she snaped it...

feel free anyone else who wants to vent about something go for it

now exccuse me while i go for a long *** run and beat the living crap out of the punching bag.

Well Dossy
You need to read and re read, and read again your signature, the last bit about wisdom.
Until your a parent, you will have absolutely no idea, and continue living in your blissfully ignorant ways.
By all means, treat your punching bag to the hiding it so richly deserves.Lol!!
Oh and read your signature again.... the last bit.
hahahaha!!!!!

Well Dossy
You need to read and re read, and read again your signature, the last bit about wisdom.
Until your a parent, you will have absolutely no idea, and continue living in your blissfully ignorant ways.
By all means, treat your punching bag to the hiding it so richly deserves.Lol!!
Oh and read your signature again.... the last bit.
hahahaha!!!!!

he did write if you dont like it dont read it.... and instead of insults try constructive criticism it is less harsh.

I understand your frustration. My mother INSISTS that I HAVE to do all my cleaning around the house before I'm allowed to go out on weekends. Keep in mind I'm 20 and paying $120 a week board to boot. and god forbid you should try and tidy anything she's left lying around.

Bahaha... Cant wait til the day my daughter rants about "my mess"- she makes the majority of it!!! I am the complete opposite of you dossy- My dad is the sort of anal neat freak that follows you around with a dustbuster, i refuse to be like that, so you have to pick your way through a pile of toddler toys to get through the house! I feel your pain at not being able to find what you need because someone else was "helping" you!!!

You could, oh i don't know, get a job and move out of home.

nah that would be too easy , wouldnt it be better to whine and biatch on a forum rather then doing something about it ?
btw , if u dont like pepoles comments then dont post it on a forum .

Last edited:
Your mums probably snapping at you because she has other worries in her life right now have you talked to your dad about the situation? perhaps he could take her out for the day whilst you and your sis get stuck into cleaning!!!! good Luck mate usually the anger is not directed at you, you just happen to be the person standing in the firing line!!!!

Well she didn't have to throw out his reptile keeping book And papers for work, that's just a fair bit stupid.

Maybe you could go put your arms around her, and say 'Mum, how can I help?' :)

Well, from a parent's perspective, my youngest daughter (21 in July) moved out of the family home and in with the b/f two years ago... Unfortunately, things went awry and they separated a couple of months ago, with daughter moving back here with us (just me and the hubby - and critters - home)... Now, this young lady and I are VERY close - as mother/daughter and good friends (yes, I know how lucky I am!)...

Now, I love this kid to bits, and would do anything for her... BUT OMG, she is so manky! :) I can't see one end of our dining room table (big table too!) for her laptop and study stuff (we paid for her course and laptop, we don't think she'll finish it), and rubbish. We can't see the floor in her room - we have another desk in there for my mother-in-law's finances etc, and need to get in to file papers etc - it's quite literally "enter at own risk"... We've asked her numerous times to at least make a path from the door to the desk and filing cabinet, but that doesn't seem to happen... Short-term memory perhaps? Then there's the bathroom... Well, we won't go into that, it's really not pretty... She has a little dog (Chihauhau/Fox Terrier cross) who WAS an inside dog, but not here. Hubby built fences, gates, dog-proofed the yard etc, built an "overhang" for the kennel etc, and now our garden is totally destroyed... Washing on the line doesn't stay there, dog pulls it down to play with (I know it's not the dog's fault, she's bored...)

Anyway, I could go on, but I won't... Suffice it to say Dossy, there are TWO sides to every story. My advice to you would be to ask yourself one simple question - why is she like this? We mum's don't "do" things without a reason, so that's what I'd be doing as first point of call... THEN, as Shellfisch said, ask her what YOU can do to help...

Oh, and for what it's worth, we do all this as our "parental privilege", and say nothing, just wear it.

Best,
Carolyn

Your mums probably snapping at you because she has other worries in her life right now have you talked to your dad about the situation? perhaps he could take her out for the day whilst you and your sis get stuck into cleaning!!!! good Luck mate usually the anger is not directed at you, you just happen to be the person standing in the firing line!!!!

At last some one with brains,experience and wisdom

Maybe you could go put your arms around her, and say 'Mum, how can I help?' :)

That would be a real good start! Dossy are you listening?

Might be a good time to think about the next big chapter in your life. Move out.

When the above two fail, this is your next step.
Sorry if it doesn't come wrapped in cotton wool with a nice big red bow, candy, lollypops and rainbows.
Which i am sure Hypnotic slither would prefer!

Haha poor fella probably just wanted some sympathy and instead has copped it :p. Dossy how old are you? If you're old enough to be moving out then I can't help but agree with the others but if you're only in your teens then you probably just gotta suck it up and try to keep the peace as much as possible. I learned from the "convincing a parent..." thread that some parents can just be crazy and if she's like that you're not gonna change it

Hey,easy on the crazy parent bit.My son's mates love staying here cos it is so laid back.i am a bit crazy,spur of the moment kinda mum.(when i can be).Some rules were meant to be a little broken,im no clean freak and i would much rather smile than frown.

My hubby has turned back into a teenager for some reason,playing World of Warcraft all night,sleeping all day,grouchy and demanding.It's not easy being a mum.It is really a thankless job.The reason kids have time to post a whinge on any forum is becuase mum...with all her faults,is keeping the boat floating.

I bet you would notice her if she wasn't there one day.when did you last say thankyou to her for the smallest thing she does JUST FOR YOU?Clean the freaking house yourself,everyone knows how to complain......do something about it.my son has a box....anything in that box stays.....I don't even look in there,it's his important stuff box.Maybe do that for your important stuff.

It doesn't need to be mothers day for a cuddle,flower from the neighbours garden,make her a cup of tea.

just a warning this is a venting thread if you dnt like it dnt read it simple

3 months ago mum said she was going to clean the study at that point i left the house to get out of the way i came home and there was crap everywere nothing was neatly stacked there were just piles apon piles of books and folders and a whole bunch of stupid background crap ( mums latvian andd makes sure every one knows) on the floor everywere. now our house isnt all that big but the hallway was covored in crap and the living room was covored in crap and the study was covored in crap and the kitchen was covored in crap and the dining room ( other side of kitchen bench) was covored in crap, basicly evrything other then my room and my sisters room was under a pile of junk. on the weekend i had a few mates over and i made some stuff neat by stacking books and stuff and mum went off at me because i have no idea what im doing. today i fell down a flight of stairs because there are plastic sleves just sitting in dumb spots.

mum has taken over the kitchen table to do her " hobbies" such as weaving and knitting and other things like that. mum has litraly taken over the entire house and no one can touch a thing to make room with out having our heads bitten of by the beast.

earlyer this week mum came into my room and "cleaned" my room but infact what she had done was toss out some paper work i needed for a job interveiw and my reptile record keeping book ( one with dates fed ect ect not the blue and white page book u send into the deccw) and she told me my room was to messy because there was stuff on the floor, there was 2 tshirts 2 pair of pants a pair of shoes and a pillow.

i swear if this crap in the house is not cleand up in 2 weeks its all getting dumped on her side of mum and dads room, if it makes it back out and not cleand up the stuff that can be sold will be sold and the usless crap will be burnt through out winter.

also since the junk has made its way from the study to the house mum has been picking fights with everyone, no matter what tone you use( for example i asked wich draw my school reports were in andshe replyed with "the draw" so again i asked wich one and she snaped it...

feel free anyone else who wants to vent about something go for it

now exccuse me while i go for a long *** run and beat the living crap out of the punching bag.

everything you've described here mate, is the first signs of hoarding, I would highly suggest you talk to your dad and start an intervention and call for professional help (psychologist)
if this sort of thing is left untreated for very long at all, you're going to face a VERY dificult life in a very short time.

YouTube - Dr. Phil - Extreme Hoarding - Part 1 (yes I know it's dr Phill lol but it's a view to a life of hell if left unchecked)

don't for a second let this type of thing go, if you have to, move out before it's out of control, don't let excuses from anyone involved get in the way.

as for parents with messy kids, put your darn foot down, it's your house, your rules, if they don't like it, they can go do their own thing, no fights, not arguments, put your foot down. clean up or get out.

you do your children no good what so ever by coddling them, especially with mess (beyond a reasonable measure) you do your children no good by buying them stuff instead of them getting off their bums and making their way in life, all you do by doing so, is making them lazy and conceited. :D hahah woah! drama time! hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back