boiling blood

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm definitely not a professional or psychiatrist but there seems to be an underlying problem here. your mum went O/S and when she came home, she had nothing to do, got in the way and was a 5th wheel. Maybe to feel more like a mum she decided to clean and it got too much. Another possibility is she stirred up memories O/S and started to look for something, starting in the study and working through the house trying to find it, without putting things back. It would explain the don't touch anything (until I find ?).

Hoarders usually build up over years, not suddenly pull everything out and just leave it. It sounds like the house was clean and everything throughout the house has a place to go, it just needs to be put back.

Either way, it sounds like she has found what she was looking for or at least got over whatever problem she has (at least partially). Organise dinners at neat freaks houses, get behind her and help with the cleaning (she goes through the boxes and you put it away) but most of all love her and encourage her and talk to her because she is your mum and will always be your mum.

If all else fails try what Sheldon from Big Bang Theory did with Penny and throw her a chocolate when she does something good, positive reinforcement.LOL:):):)

and tonight, you, your sister and dad should make her a nice dinner of appreciation to make it known that you think its really awesome that shes put in an effort,..... :p

So here's my morning so far I say to my 8 year old son " can you clean your room it looks like a tip" the reply that followed from my 10 year son " we don't make the mess you do" now as he was saying this I was thinking what a rude p&$@k but I will excuse his rudeness as he is autistic and really has no idea, but revenge is sweet and I have just gone and gotten the biggest bin I could find and have proceeded to throw every bit of crap,clothes, toys and anything else on the floor into the bin..... All the while my son thinks this is funny until I took that bin outside and tipped it in the big bin, then he heard the Garbo coming down the road, he is now frantically retrieving his stuff before the Garbo takes it!!!! Revenge is sweet!!!!

That is an absolutely horrible thing to do! Saying that you make the mess isnt even that rude, and yet you are mature enough to think of your autistic son as a "prick" and get revenge on him.

That is an absolutely horrible thing to do! Saying that you make the mess isnt even that rude, and yet you are mature enough to think of your autistic son as a "prick" and get revenge on him.

Snakeluvver maybe when you have kids you'll realise that there is nothing wrong with teaching your children consequences, autistic or not. I often tell my 2 yr old that if she doesnt help me pick up her toys that i will put them in the bin. They either get picked up or they go into a black bin bag and placed next to the bin. You think your mum hasnt at some point thought to herself, gosh that kids being a prick?

Autistic doesn't mean " handle with kid gloves and wrap in cotton wool", still a kid, still annoying, still naughty and should be treated the same as any normal kid, taking into account the limits of the disability.

Snakeluvver.. a little story for you.

This is how I learnt not to leave the bike in the driveway as a child....

After repeated daily reminders from the old man not to "park" my bike in the driveway to no avail as I never moved it or forgot to as most kids would say.....

My old man come home one night after a long day at work.

I heard the carstop...
then the gates open... (so what I was inside playing super mario on nintendo)...
then the sound of the roller door to the garage...
then the sound of the angle grinder...
followed by the sound of two pieces of metal hitting the floor...
Never again did i forget to leave anything in the driveway after that lol.
I was swearing black and blue then but I think it's hilarious now... serves my punk *** right.

As a parent you get sick of constantly saying the same thing over and over again. You find a method of discipline that works for you and you use it, unless you intend on raising spoilt brats with no respect.

Red-ink did you ever leave your bike in the driveway again? Did you ever get another bike should be my first question i suppose!

As a parent you get sick of constantly saying the same thing over and over again. You find a method of discipline that works for you and you use it, unless you intend on raising spoilt brats with no respect.

Red-ink did you ever leave your bike in the driveway again? Did you ever get another bike should be my first question i suppose!

Yeah.... I did get another bike (eventually) but I had to "earn" the new one ;).

AHHH the good ol' days when everything wasnt just handed to you :D
I came from a wealthy family, but I was made work and work hard for anything I ever got. I used to think I was
unfairly treated back then.... Now I thank my Dad regularly for making me such a hard working strong woman.
I didnt like how it was under his roof, so at 17 I left home to fend for myself and that I did with varying degrees of
success LOL I never once called on him for help(it came close sometimes) I have and am bringing both my Children
with the same life ethics. There is an old saying, if you cant stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.....
This is not directed at the original poster but at people(that are living at home) in general that take the home nest forgranted

It wasn't the autistics sons stuff that I removed and put in the bin it was my other son, after he retrieved his stuff he apologized profusely and said he had learnt his lesson and he will clean it when I tell him!

wish i could live at home an pay $120 a week. Way I see it is their roof their rules. Not trying to be harsh just real, I moved out because I wanted to run my house the way I wanted to. Now for that pleasure I pay through the nose for rent, power, food and all those wonderful things you get for $120 a week. Again not having a go, just something to think about.

Oh don't get me wrong, home life is wonderfully easy compared to living out of home (I've done it) I just get frustrated when I know people my age who are working, pay no board and contribute nothing to the household and still! get every little thing they want. It makes it seem a little unfair. But I also laugh cause when they move out their gonna have no idea. Yeah sure we have our bad days at home, but the good days outweigh those. I love my parents all to bits and spoil them any time I have a bit of extra cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back