Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonlord

Reaction score
Hey :shock:
Just a newcomer from QLD, currently making my own background for my tank :)
Hope to find some central netted breeders soon and any extra advice i can get on them, and beardies.
Thankyou.

ah sorry, also my name is Grady, im from the Gold Coast in QLD and i have a new found glory in reptiles lol, i'm not a dragonlord yet.

Last edited:
welcome mate, beardies are easy to look after, there is plenty of us on here to help with that, netteds im not sure on.... have a geeza in diy zone to get better ideas on back grounds, im in the process of building a background my self i have all the foam but no render yet... acrylic render from bunnings is a good one to use... but yeah take a look in the diy

Hey :)
Yeah i just used the brocoli styrofoam boxes from coles, two of the lids fitted my tank perfectly.
I literally just used megacoat liquid sandstone to paint them, and i've already stuck on all these ledges and paths, and then expanda foamed underneath for shape and stability. It's looking pretty mean for my first go haha.
I think i have to do one or two more coats and then maybe the megacoat sealer, but it dries pretty solid and its really hard to scratch off, so it might be ok on its own.

Netted Dragons need a very hot basking spot, around 40 degrees.
So you will need something like a slate basking shelf under your heat lamps.

As nice as Netted Dragons are, they only have a life span of around 6 years, so never buy an adult,
you can never tell how old it realy is.

To start with I would stick with the beardies for now, get yourself some nice colored ones and enjoy.
Cheers Andy.

ps. Im to old with back problems, cant bow.

ill hopefully have some yellow central bearded dragons in a few months im gonna put a mates big yellow 5yo male over my 2yo yellow female, this week....
there both very placid. he has a red male who is like most red heads, wild /evil lol

Netteds are great dragons
If you want to get into them an essential item to buy is Shannon Plummers books "Captive care of the Central Netted Dragon"

Sorry but I need to brush up on my dragon royalty.

So at the moment are you a Dragon Prince, a Dragon Page, a Dragon Marquis, or a Dragon Duke.

If it were me I would go for Dragon Padwan.

Crystal,

Funny in my mind you were always "Dragon Godess"

Hello,
As menchened netted dragons need a hot basking spot, minimun research would have told you that. Start looking a frilled neck lizards... one of the most interesting dragons Australia has to offer and a pleasure to keep in captivity.

Shane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back