Branches for a Childrens Python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slytherin00

Reaction score
So I ordered a Childrens Python Hatchy from Snake Ranch, and it arrives tomorrow, I've had its click ready for about 2 months now, so theres a few fake vines and a medium size bush type thing. Its in a 55L plastic storage tub, and im thinking about putting some branches or something in it, for the snake to climb on if it wishes, cos I heard sometimes they do even if there not considered to be arboreal.

So im wanting to know what I should uses for climbing. Im think getting a broom stick (without the head) and cutting that to fit the tub, but any ideas would be appreciated

Got any trees around your house? If so go cut a branch off and put boiling water on it and stick it in the freezer defrost it Tomoz put it in enclosure job done

I probably woundn't go that far, technically the branch can go straight in without anything being done to it. I only soak them in warm water for about an hour just to kill the bugs then i let them dry and straight in the enclosure they go, same day. :)

55l sounds big for a hatchy, aren't they usually kept in small sistema tubs? Mightn't he freak out at such a large space?

Well I was thinking that myself, I mean I see pet stores keep their hatchys in quite large tanks. But yeah I think your right I might swing by woolies and pick up a sistema tub.

Just out of curiosity, what type of snake (hatchy wise) would suit a 55L, im imagining some sort of carpet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back