Bredli breeding age

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MurrayDarling101

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Bredli breeding help

Hey I have an 11yearold female bredli and a 5 yearold male bredli, I was wondering if she is too old to breed.
They have bread before and she produced 36 eggs but only 29 hatched...
Any help would be appreciated

Last edited:
Hey I have an 11yearold female bredli and a 5 yearold male bredli, I was wondering if she is too old to breed.
They have bread before and she produced 36 eggs but only 29 hatched...
Any help would be appreciated

I think you can figure this one out for yourself ;) Let me help you...

Firstly we shall consider the (average) life span of a bredli python and wonder what would be the purpose of growing to such a ripe old age if fornication was not viable? Remembering that we're not talking about soft squishy useless humans here, but rather wild animals who require no instruction nor calendar from us.

Now, imagine you are a bredli python in the wild - put yourself into his or her proverbial shoes for a moment. What is there to do? The days are shorter, the nights are longer and you don't much feel like eating... ;)

Has this helped? I hope so :) I think that you and I both know that while humans and other mammals enjoy bread, I don't think it's benefiting your bredlis in any way. Not that I'm drawing a line between the bread and the hatch rate, but you can never be too careful! Maybe stick to the whole prey food items this time around and see if you have more luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back