Breeding my stimpson Pythons!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cinnamonmybluey

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi I have a breeding pair of stimpson pythons and they are five this year! They have bred for the past two years having eight eggs then six but I only bought them just after last time she laid her eggs:eek::eek::eek: My quesstion is how do I go about breeding them they live together in a 3ftx2ftx2ft tank it is made out of malimine sheets to maintain heat and has sliding glass doors!

Questions:
1. Do I separate them before breeding or cooling or not at all?
2. How do I go about cooling in (sydney)?
3.Do I feed her up?
4. How do I indroduce him after separtion for breeding?
5.What do I need for her to lay her eggs in?
6. Should I let her incubate her own eggs or get and incubator (I thought incubation would be easier)?
7. What temps do I need to keep them at :)?
8. Anything else a snake beginner should know? (before these guyz I had a diamond python)!

There is a little book out called Keeping and Breeding Australian Pythons! Get it ,read it and go from there!

I for one would luv to see the fabled "Stimpson python" bred and made available to the market.
I have never laid eyes on one yet, Have seeen many 1000's of "Stimson" pythons but not a "Stimpson python"

Hi Cinnamon , they are a lot of questions . Before i allowed my daughter her first snake i bought her two books , 1 Keeping Childrens Pythons by Greg Fyfe and Darren Green 2 Pythons A Complete Owners Manual

The first book is written by Australians and 5 years on is still read the second USA written book was read once and flicked through rareley .
Although this is a great place for information you need to get books (I understand this is an unusual practice for young people these days ) and google the death out of your computer

Answers in short
1 Tricky question to ask on this forum ( some answers to this will send this thread into a nose dive )
2 Same way as most places ,Gradually and only 4 or 5 degres
3 yes
4" Hello this is the father of your babies "
5 a container of vermiculite is used by some nothing , paper towel ,newspaper or just a container of whatever substrate you use
6 Another trick question to enflame forum users .I beleive what ever you feel comfortable with --- do you know your snake well -- has she been fed up enough --can you afford an incubator -- Then read what is best for your snake
7 Keep what the snakes or the eggs ?
8 Refer to preamble
Search this site and many others . read and learn

These answers are Not a dig at you they are the same way i try to get my cildren to work for themselves ,Perhaps put off breeding for a year so You can get to know your snakes , :) as they already know each other
Learn and enjoy !!

Stimigex you took the words right outta my mouth- it would appear that these mythical creatures are flooding the market at the moment.

Best of luck with breeding Cinnamonmybluey, Keeping and Breeding Australian Pythons is a fantastic book!

i have the book keeping and breeding aussie pythons and snakes and the lizard version but just wanted other opinions:)) thankz guyz

ybypymyr.jpg
2u8a9aqe.jpg
uvujunep.jpg

The photo where they are darker they are only one day old. By three day they were that lighter colour and now they are in between. They are really sweet and great to handle haven't had one bite!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ybypymyr.jpg
2u8a9aqe.jpg
uvujunep.jpg

The photo where they are darker they are only one day old. By three day they were that lighter colour and now they are in between. They are really sweet and great to handle haven't had one bite!

Well done, lovely looking hatchies.

Yeah sadly I dont have time haha I have four horses, a lizard, two dogs and y breeding pair of stimies

typusere.jpg
on her eggs but i ended putting then in the incubator she might incubate one or two next years shes a natural mumma

Congratulations :) nothing like breeding your own pythons! Just something to consider but it might be worth giving her a year off next year considering she's bred the past three years.

Maternal incubation takes a lot out of a snake as it will not eat for a further two months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back