Breeding struggle

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ballzy199

Reaction score
I've been having some trouble with my latest project and was hopping someone could help
can anyone point me in the right direction to breed normal spotted pythons to get albino/het albino

to get albinos from normal spotteds that dont carry the albino genes, you need 2 spotteds X 1 miracle,...

I could possibly have misunderstood your question though,....

Condition the pair well.
Get them to produce anywhere between 10,000 and 50,000 eggs and successfully incubate them.With a bit of luck you may of gotten lucky enough to produce 1 albino hatchy.

With two 'normal' spotteds that don't have an albino gene without a 'mutation' or a 'miracle' during fertisation you will never get an albino or a het. As a starting point you will really need an albino or at least a het to kick start your project.

I recently learnt from an expert at a family gathering that if you feed your snakes on a sole diet of albino rodents then you will produce albino offspring.....I've been doing it wrong all these years, I feel like such an idiot......

Last edited:
I recently learnt from and expert at a family gathering that if you feed your snakes on a sole diet of albino rodents then you will produce albino offspring.....I've been doing it wrong all these years, I feel like such an idiot......

I have been feeding albino and normal rodents for years how come I don't have any pieds ?.

I have been feeding albino and normal rodents for years how come I don't have any pieds ?.
You havent been putting them in the right order, it goes colour white white colour white. =)

but for the op, you would need a miracle to produce an albino from a normal spotted. If you do buy a lottery ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back