Breeding woodies and crickets

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptinate

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm thinking of breeding my own woodies and maybe crickets too. I've looked through the many topics on here about it, so I know pretty much what to do. I have 2 Water Dragons, 2 shinglebacks and a Beardy. How many would I need to start with and where can you buy bulk? I also have 2 turtles. Can you feed them woodies?

Also wanted to know something else. Sorry if this is a stupid question. It probably is, lol.

So you have to keep the baby crickets in a separate container to the adults? Do you feed the original adults (once they produce some babies) to the lizards Or do you feed the babies (once grown) Or do you do both?

With the woodies there is no need to separate the adult and baby woodies from eachother, is that right? And again which do you feed your lizards.

Would appreciate any help :)
Thanks.

you would need about 1000 to start or more. you can buy in bulk form livefood unlimited on the gold coast and they post. i think you can feed turtles woodies.
as for me i feed my geckos crickets but am soon going to breed woodies. also you need to get fluon or they will escape you can buy it from herp shop.

Thanks for the help :) Thinking of getting the woodies and crickets from the ARC (Amphibian Research Centre) I found them a while ago but couldn't remember the name.

Do you or anyone else know the answer to my other question?

Yep, can definitely feed woodies and crickets to your turtles, our two saw shells
love em. Live feeder fish, crays and glass shrimp are better for them though,
not a heap of nutritional value in woodies and crickets for turtles and dusting
with calcium and vitamins doesn't exactly work.

I con only comment on the woodies. I feed off various size woodies depending on who I'm feeding. The only ones I try not to feed are the ones which show an egg sac. I tried starting a colony a couple of times with 1000, but found that I was feeding them off too fast (too many monitors). I ended up getting about 3000 and haven't had any problems since.

Hi,
If you are still thinking about getting into woodies P.M. me an email address and I'll send you my detailed care sheet on how to set up a colony and breed them.
I can also supply bulk woodies to get your colony started. I post around Australia.
Cheers,
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back