broken toe eastern water dragon

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

someday

Reaction score
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
hey,
we have just moved house and ive just noticed my ewd has a broken toe should i take him to the vet or should i just leave it ive just read a thread on some other website saying it will heal ect
heres the quote from that site

"Toes will heal and they will adapt. As much as it disturbs us it is less traumatic to the dragon. I have seen ripped toe nails and blood and broken joints and more...they all recover well within days/ weeks
Bones set and repair themselves...maybe not as straight as originally but they still work.

As long as the skin is not broken and infection does not set in it will not fall off to my knowledge. Even our Iggy has some twisted digits and she gets along very well. "

got that from "repticzone" through Google searching

should he be fine his about 5months old sorry no pics as im at the old house

My beardie had a broken toe that where the skin wasn't torn off and i also wondered if i should take her to the vet. If you plan on keeping her at home for it to heal you should increase the calcium intake, just a suggestion i heard from someone else.

If the skin is not broken I wouldn't be concerned, just make sure he has calcium in his diet and UVB lighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back