Brown spots on my white lipped tree frog

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

froggy

Not so new Member
Reaction score
i have a juv white lipped green tree frog, and it has got brown spots on his back, like brown freckles, does anyone know why they are there of if it's normal at all. and what can i bath him in to make sure its not bacteria infection?

hope this helps if it works

don't know if u can see the spots or not

Attachments

• DSCF3108.jpg
    DSCF3108.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 291
no u can't see the spots. i tried a close up but that didn't work sorry

When you click on the pic to enlarge it you can just see them, it's a bit blurry though.
I don't know much about frogs but I have seen a chocolate coloured white-lipped tree frog, hopefully your little guy doesn't have anything wrong with it but is just going through a colour change, the brown doesn't look localised to any particular area so hopefully this is the case.

I can see the spots and theyre not what i was thinking, which is more like a blotch than a spot..
Do you need higher humidity for white lips than regular green tee frogs?
Sometimes camouflage can also play a role in colour changes but if you are worried or the insides of the legs redden or it starts losing weight,seek an expert from the frog forum.

yes, as jordo as mentioned hopefully he is just changing colour, they do that depending on mode, where there sitting etc.

There is information in the health and disease section of the frog community that you will need to read regarding your frogs problem. You can also post there to get specific help for you frog, follow the sticky post in health and disease to see what info you will need to supply in your first post. I can't post all the info you will need as it is to detailed.

thanks guys

well he is in with 2 other juvs and they are green, this one has always been a browny colour, but not with spots.
i will read up on that web address thanks.
hey some one said to bath them in diluted betadine is that true? or is there anything i can bath him in to prevent bacteria infections, ?

The Brown isn't a issue in it self most of the time it it is the "leopard print" that is a sign of problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back