Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you provide any extra humidity for them?I guess that would also depend where you live....

i dont even scent my pinkies just tease them once they feed 3or4 times theres no stopping them but you have to put more effort into them in the begging
I'll give them a go on a pinkie without scenting next feed....i actually found them easier to get feeding than some jungles i have.Probably much like a GTP which takes lots of effort in the beginning but once they get going and age they'd be as easy to keep also....breeding either would be a whole different kettle of fish...I would love to breed these blues one day but i still have no idea what sexes i have and am not even going to bother finding out till they have some size on them,their tails are so long ,skinny and i'm sure very delicate similar again to a GTP in a way.

Thanks for that longtom,so they can be probed now huh,i would n't trust myself with a carpet so i won't be doing it but will get a mate to sex them for me then as i definitely would love to breed these.It'd be good to see more nice ones available than at the moment.

easy to probe are only difficult to holde still but as long as u use fishing line there easy

no there not nasty snakewrangler they carry on alot like hatchling black head huff and puff blow there throats out mock bite but ive had a large female try and eat my finger and i did bleed but as i said it was a feeding response and first time in the six years ive kept them

brouns bts are easy to breed hatching eggs alittle bit more tricky than python eggs but way easier than some of the carpets ive bred

humitity yes always especially in winter if running heat matts,lights if the humidity gets low they will have problems shedding i f i know ones on shed ill keep one part of cage moist just to be sure the humity stays obove 60% winter here in brisbane humidty often drops below 50% plus running heat drys the air more still if you were inland youd need to keep good eye on iti

its cool to watch wild ones hunting frogs if your lucky enough to see ive seen twice frogs dont have much chance of escape the trees are fast as once they smelt the frog they hardly ever escape eat them fast a frend did aresue on one that was trying to eat a frog that was way to big! but the snake just wouldnt give up the frog alarge green tree frog

I still remember watching a gts trying to eat a frog that was definitely too big for him and he didn't give up eithr,just kept chewing and the frog was croaking like mad and there were 2 huge bubble like blisters that came up....i wonder what caused the air bubbles or whatever they were?

Mine haven't looked like striking but at feed time they're quick to strike..very fast moving agile snakes these guys.

When do hatchlings of this species usually come up for sale and does anyone know where I can get a good care sheet for these guys, I know I could google it but I would rather have one recommended from someone who keeps them.

Cheers.

is there any long term effects on feeding a predominantly lizard/frog eater on rodents?

Very nice browns something different.The blues we have around Kuranda have yellow necks I call them blue/greens.The animals I have seen around Gordonvale are amazing to the point they don't look natural.Solid blue with white necks.Nothing worst then seeing a treesnake eating a greenfrog back legs first and alive.Gee they make a racket.LOL

obee

sobrien mine have been eating pink rats and fuzzy rats for about six years and are still going strong but ive been told you shouldnt give them fully furred food items as they are not evouled enough to digest fur but this ive never read any where they pass fur from large mouse sized fuzzys no problems i suspect they would ocassionly eat mice if they came across them in the wild

fuscus these black ones on gold coast do you have any pics they get a black form around tounsville i no some one with one it appears black but if you take it in strong sunlight and look close it is actully very very dark blue but still appears black from a distance

blue female and eggs not mine but shows hap hazard way they lay sometimes they end up pointing upwards but still hatch bit like flys eggs

there is a great colour variety near the gold coast - black with a yellow belly. Some locals call them yellow-bellied black snakes. Don't know if there are any in captivity.

fuscus these black ones on gold coast do you have any pics they get a black form around tounsville i no some one with one it appears black but if you take it in strong sunlight and look close it is actully very very dark blue but still appears black from a distance

The black and gold ones are extremely good looking! I was totally spun out the first time I saw them (near Townsville). There are similarish ones in NE NSW and SW QLD, but they aren't as nice as the Townsville ones, at least based on the few southern ones I've seen. According to many herps in NQLD, there are no black and gold tree snakes legally held in captivity (I asked around for a long time after seeing them in the wild!). If anyone does know of some legally held Townsville ones in captivity I'd love to hear about it, especially if they're likely to be bred.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back