Building Snake Cage need ventilation help please.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaroloth

Reaction score
Hello, I am planning on purchasing a cage for a Sonoran Boa from apcages.com. I will be purchasing the T8 option, the dimensions of this cage are 48" Long x 24" Wide x 12" High (Roughly). Using this site you are allowed to specify what screens/vents you want installed into the cage. As I stated before I will be purchasing a Sonoran Boa. This snake requires a temperature of 32 degrees celcisus in the basking area of the cage and the cooler end of the cage needs to be around 21 degrees celcius. I am planning on either using a 75 W or a 100 W ceramic heat emitter to provide the correct temperature to the cage. I will be placing the ceramic heat emitter on a 8" screen i will be choosing to install on this cage. I am also thinking about installing a 11" flexwatt belly heat tape underneath this cage as this is an option that I can install on the cage when I order it. I would like to point out that I will be using my heat sources in combination with a thermostat I am going to purchase from www.spyderrobotics.com to ensure my snake does not get harmed.

My question is what kind of ventilation should I order to be installed on this cage, the options are 8" screens or 20" screens.

Thank you all in advance for answering.

Who talks in inches? Maybe display where you are from on your info.
We don't keep boas. But two vents is pretty standard. One low on the heated side and one high on the cool side.

but given the options you mentioned either screen should be fine.

I would have thought that both of those sizes would be too large. You wouldn’t be able to keep any humidity in with such a large opening.

oh I am sorry about not thinking about this is for pythons. But the sonoran boa doesn't require high humidity its from the desert. and I live in Iowa, united states. So would you think that if I bought a 8 inch hole for the ceramic heater and a 20 inch vent for the air flow it would be ok??? and thank you guys so much

I would use smaller vents. You can always ad more ventilation later, but it is difficult to take it away once the holes have been drilled.

The vents required will depend upon the ambient temperatures and humidity ouside the cage vs those required inside the cage. Sorry I dont know those for either Boas or Iowa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back