bundy sucks no reptiles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There should be a lot around there, in any decent area of bushland. Check satellite maps on maplandia.com for any reserves or national parks close by.

If all else fails, drive down to Snakes Down Under at Childers.

back road's'dirt road's at night you might be supprised??

Gin Gin just north has a lot to offer

1.Find a cane field, 2. walk in about 150 meters, 3. call an ambulance for brown or taipan antivenom.... I joke, but I grew up in Bundy and spent a lot of time out around sugar cane fields (we even used to swim in the irrigation channels!! when I think of all the chemical fertilizer runoff in them I am surprised I am still alive....) but the amount of venomous snakes that live in and around cane fields is amazing, rats, mice and bandicoots galore and rarely would I have a day out in the scrub when I didn't see at least 1 eastern brown.
I haven't been to bundy for over a decade however there was a swampland (Baldwin swamp) which I found a good variety of both herps and amphibians. And just about every park I remember had a good population of Eastern Bearded Dragons... you could barely dig up a garden bed without unearthing a reptile or reptile eggs of some description....

Go to Moore Park Beach, massive swamp land there, heaps of snakes and frogs.

Good luck and dont forget the charged mobile and first aid kit (I dont think you can get reception :lol:)

Thanks Gex

Heaps of costals in the less populated areas between bundy and Agnes Water around the bushy headlands and close to the beach. Need to go just on dark on a warm humid night though. Less than a couple of hours north Agnes had brilliant blue Green Tree Snakes in the middle of town when i was a kid only ever found them on hot humid nights though. Had a 5'9" Tiapan in my bedroom there too. That swampy bush near moore park used to be alive with costals at mating time, maybe a housing developement by now though.

sorry to go off track a bit but greenmad you have to change that pic of the green tree makes me fall in love with it every time i see it. might have to buy one next season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back