burmese pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
???

Farkurnell said:
Owning huge snakes like that is a compensatory thing. It's the same as the bloke who goes out and buys a Ferrari or a Jag. It's to make up for some, shall we say, 'shortcomings'?
Greg.

That's a bit of a rash generalisation, don't you think Greg? Surely you aren't saying that ALL people with big snakes fit into that category??? :) ..and there's a little smiley, to show you that I'm not being nasty either! :D

Me rashly generalise a comment Dave? Never.
You don't have any super huge snakes Dave, so you don't have a thing to worry about. (Unless you're hiding a Retic somewhere and haven't told us)

Greg.

oops, nearly forgot. :shock:

kevyn said:
Kevyn, seriously mate, how do you deal with handling the retic and burmese? Are either really big? I think the "keeper/pet" thing would change radically as they got really big, to brave potential prey/pet status. Are you ever overpowered or intimidated by either? fess up please, honestly intrested.

No they don't ever intimidate me. Once they're a certain length, I don't handle them by myself. It's kind of like working with hots, there's a way of working them inorder to stay safe. I have to have a bottle of vinegar very handy, and I don't handle any thing that smells like prey before handling them. Also I've learned to recognize what a feed response looks like. Yes it can be dangerous, but I love the giants. They are my favourites.

Thanks for the insight Kev, Thats cool.
Farkurnell, ease up mate, anyway, didnt someone say You have a Big red car? :lol:

instar said:
Farkurnell, ease up mate, anyway, didnt someone say You have a Big red car? :lol:

But it was a joke!!
Didn't you see the smiley face???

I mustn't have got the memo saying Greebs and Phil are the only ones allowed to joke here.

Geez. Some people.

No smiley face for you!

well at no stage have I mentioned the Amnesty nor have I mentioned what type of licence is or isn't held by this person. If you read you would also noticed that I never even said it was my mate who was breeding... Get your facts straight before blowing your trumpet..... There are circumstances in which these animals may be moved around so again TRUMPET away. I am not going to waste my time further on this subject as it appears you seem to KNOW ALL, Yet again it appears to be a case that anything which difers from your opinions in WRONG. Little people with little minds deserve little respect..... And with that you may continue your pointless disagreement as I do not plan on waisting any more time endolging your ideas. Goodluck to you.

hey my snake is only small still - does that mean I'm well endowed LOL Oh, but I do have a thing for Limos.... sigh

If I can find my bloody scanner disk and get things working on my new computer, I got a great photo from Australia zoo with my three kids all wrapped up by one of their SMALL (not) burmese pythons. Looks great! What beautiful snakes.

I printed out the Reptile Keeper's Licence Species List tonight as I needed a list of scientific names. I happened upon this paragraph about Exotic Species.

"Exotic Species
Exotic (non-native) species of reptile can be held in Australia only by licenced zoos and cannot be held under the RKL system. It is an offence under the Commonwealth's Enviroment Protection and Biodiversity Conservaqtion Act, 1999 for a person to possess an exotic reptile.The states and territories cannot issue authority for the keeping of exotic reptiles."

So Cwarren can you explain how I have been mis-informed?
I am always willing to learn something new.
Or will you take your vague references to some guy who owns a Burmese and scuttle off.

Greebo said:
Or will you take your vague references to some guy who owns a Burmese and scuttle off.

Slither off might be more appropriate :p

Hix

There are people who own exotics, on licence. They are not, however, permitted to breed them/sell them etc.

That is true Jonno and has been mentioned earlier in the thread.
It is also true that you cannot buy an exotic off such a person if you only have a RK Licence.(legally)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back