BURNT DIAMOND PYTHON

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spooky

Reaction score

We (My partner and I) have just taken ownership of a big female Diamond python who has a lot of burn scars on her. I want to be able to give her skin a lot of care and attention. What would the readers suggest I use on her skin to help it get a lot better?

If it is just scarring then a clean enclosure, good food and a good heat gradient along with anything else that makes her comfortable. eventually the scarring will become less obvious. If the burns have not completely healed then bathing in a 2.5% chlorhexadine solution every couple of days wont hurt. you could also stick a dog multi vitamin tablet into the next rat you feed to her but it doesnt need to be a regular thing.

would something like scarless healer be of any help? im not sure if you are supposed to use it on burns (would have to check the label first).
have you considered aloe vera (its great for sunburn and is natural)

My carpet looks as though she has a few small burn scars on her. I asked a few people I know and they all said that soaking her in some warm water with a bit of betadine will help. I have tried this many times, and works well.

Depends on how old the scars are. But all i would do is keep the cage dry and warm and wait for her to shed, then see how they are.

I moved this from chit chat to Herp Help as I believe it will get better exposure here and attract more responses. Hope you don't mind FAYSMITH?

With the aloe vera you need to make sure it is barbadensis aloe........it is the only one with proper healing qualities.................the others are all for show............

if the burns are still arnt healed yet use silverzine on it. This is available thru vets or an MD via prescription.

cheers

Jonny

I have treated a sand monitor over 7weeks with silvazine and then a follow up with Lotagen cream. The skin repair was unbelievable. Both you need to get from a vet. How old are the burns?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back