But....but.....but.....PLEASE!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeadCricket

Reaction score
Ormiston, Queensland, Australia, Australia
So far I have been ok with not being able to have exotics. I understand both sides of the argument and gain much pleasure from our native species. So many more wonderful natives to get before I even need to think about looking elsewhere.

This however, has changed my tune a little..... Its only little, we have plenty of natural predators that would happily gulp up any ferals.... Or even, just let me have one, I swear to you that I will care for it its whole life.

http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2lGun...onesia-like-avatar.php%3Fsmid%3DFBTRH-FBS-ART

These are awesome!
I saw them once on a doco.
I like how they said, 'we could only catch the females laying eggs, while the male soared over head'...:)

they look like tiny frillies that have the fril in the wrong spot lol

that is so awesome! i can just picture the awesome enclosure you could make for them =D

I pictured a large aviary with HEAPS of them, walking in to feed them from a bowl in the middle of the enclosure and just watching them all burst into flight from every corner.

Then again, I have a pretty wild imagination

haha thats exactly what i pictured! kind of like what birds do =] i wish they breathed fire...

its just line breeding though, weve being doing it for a very long time! and the out come would be amazing... im not sure how the flying would work with a greater increase in size though =/

Flying is basically just a direct correlation between wing size + propulsion vs mass.... I'm sure we could work it out.

I own all ' wild' form snakes as I think they are beautiful just how they were intended to be, don't get me wrong, some hypo's and albinos are gorgeous (i saw a picture of a hypo scrubbie the other day and was blown away) but I don't think I could resist the opportunity to have a real dragon

There are many species of flying dragons. They are nice, interesting but boring in captivity. To have them gliding you would need enormous enclosure, they can glide over 10m easily. In smaller enclosures, they just walk and climb like any other lizard - boring!
By the way, in the next issue of Reptiles Australasia is a feature by well-known photographer and author Tim Laman on flying species of Borneo - some great shots!

albinos are a wild form just not as common and natural selection plays a big part in their rarity... not too sure about hypos =/

i need to learn the physics of bird flight for my zoology exam in an hour! =S

the simpsons are always right =]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back