Buying barramundi, cod fingerlings help cheers..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie-Pride

Reaction score
Heya fellas im just wondering if anyone knows of any where i can buy Barra and or cod fingerlings? Any whole sale places or whateva cheers

Red Claw Industries,

however they are in Greenbank QLD. There would have to be somewhere closer to you, but give them a call and they might be able to point you in the right direction

depends how many your after there are a fair few aquaculture places around that you can purchase bulk fingerlings...... if your looking to stock a private dam in Sydney i may suggest you steer away from barra and go something more cold friendly like bass, golden perch and silver perch

Kenshin do you know any places in NSW? im only after a few for my tanks, iv got bass n perch in my dam already.. Im keen az on making an Aussie tank, it's 1500L so its got plenty of room.. Cheers for your help fellas

Auburn Aquariums usually have barra, & last time I was in there a couple of weeks ago, they had some small cod.
Usually plenty of other natives there too, various rainbows, gudgeon, cats, tarpon, 'toga etc etc

Cheers man yeah i'll check it out, iv been all over sydney but know where has them..

Are tarpon fresh water? iv caught them fishing up north but i thought they were saltwater or brackish species.. i was thinkin mangrove jack but not sure on the water as im only running fresh.. Iv heard of people changing fish from brackish to all fresh water but never tryed myself..

Any good aquarium store should be able to get them in for you.mangrove Jack are fine in fresh as juvies but need salt as they get older.

There's a few that'll go to fresh well, I've even seen monos, bream & mullet in fresh. Having said that, these are all species that can be full marine to light brackish, so going to fresh isn't much of a stretch.

Yeah iv seen them in fresh to but i dono how'd they go being all fresh.. Maybe if i did it slow changing the water from brackish to full fresh..

There's coloneys of bream in tassie that are land locked in fresh water systems and mullet can live entirely in fresh systems, it can be done.

There's a few that'll go to fresh well, I've even seen monos, bream & mullet in fresh. Having said that, these are all species that can be full marine to light brackish, so going to fresh isn't much of a stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back