buying kefts is this ok 4 them?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tankbuster82

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hello everyone i was up in sandgate lagoon the other day and saw all the turtles. so i went around to the fish shops i know and have lernt a bit about them and the shop that has them the cheapest only have kefts so i am going for them lol. i just sold all my cichlids (african fish) from my 4ft fish tank its got
a light that promosts plant growth witch is 40watt
2 canaster filters and a water heater
i have build a land area out of rocks and theres heaps of swiming space still and will be geting a floating land thing to.
i am thinking of gettting 3 small ones with a shell size of about 3-4.5" or so
plus i am going to breed my own feeders for them in a nother tank 2x 1.5 x1.5 just some convict cichlids.
will this be sufficent for them to be happy and live in peace?
thanks alot

Hi tankbuster82

You will need to get a UV light suitable for turtles, the plant grow light has different UV radiation. You can get fluro tubes for your 4ft light. The rest of the setup sounds great.....

I used to breed cichlids lol.....reptiles are much more interesting!
Good luck
Kelly

alsome thanks alot the light i need is it a standad fluro bulb or a specific one?

how much you paying for the turtles if you dont mind me asking (normally pet shops are way over priced)

Hi

Its a standard fluro tube fitting or you can get them as screw bulbs (similar to the energy saver bulbs), depending on what fitting you already have. The bulbs are special reptile UV bulbs.

Hope that helps.
K

99$ all the other shops have them for 140$
i can get up to aprox 7" but i want smaller ones as he sells all sizes same price
i have river sand substrate aswell practicly sand is this ok?

r thanks for that i will securthem alot better now lol
what one of these bulbs would be best?
NATURAL DAYLIGHT - OSRAM TRI-PHOSPHOR FLUORO TUBE
'BLACK LIGHTS' - ULTRA VIOLET FLUORO TUBES
'BIOLUX' NATURAL FULL SPECTRUM FLUORO TUBES
i will read that link now thanks for the help and i am in bold lol woops
if i get a good light will this stop them from hibernating?
and also what are long neck turtles like? as i think they look cool but havnt seen them for sale so i dont no prices and temperment?

Last edited:
give exspansa a pm you will get them alot cheaper and be able to choose a species hes realy good

ok will do thanks alot mate

it says that user name doesnt exist?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back