Calico BHP in the UK

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the post Zulu, i take it your colour change happens after a slough, i have seen colour change in many snake species at breeding time but nothing to match what i have witnessed with this BHP. Heres a few pics of her sister who has undergone no colour change
100_0326.jpg

100_0323.jpg

Regards
John

Nice john,was after a slough around breeding time it changed to the pink and white at first then gradually changed over the next six months to apricot and then up and down gradually after that. At the moment its in a lighter phase with black bands,they have the ability to gain and then lose the dark pigmentation .

John...you should try to locate Kasper Christiansen in Denmark. He also has a group of color changer BHPs that he wanted to part with. Super nice female changer.
kasperfemaledenmark.jpg

Always nice to be able to work with a group of the bloodline. As long as you can hold them all back for 3 or 4 years to see who changes. It is really cool to watch them go through the change. I have a few a here in the US.
DSC07269.jpg

This boy is almost 20!

D

John...you should try to locate Kasper Christiansen in Denmark. He also has a group of color changer BHPs that he wanted to part with. Super nice female changer.

Not anymore, I was lucky enough to get these animals into my collection last year. And that's not all, I was lucky enough as well to bred them this year and I got 9 healthy pos. Calico Black Headed Pythons :)
To sad, that Den from Den Pythons Australia ignore all my e mails and messages... I would like to know more aboute the genetic behind this morph....

Not anymore, I was lucky enough to get these animals into my collection last year. And that's not all, I was lucky enough as well to bred them this year and I got 9 healthy pos. Calico Black Headed Pythons :)
To sad, that Den from Den Pythons Australia ignore all my e mails and messages... I would like to know more aboute the genetic behind this morph....
redwoodranger..... send your emails to me if you like for Den & Sharna. They had internet problems for a long time and now they've just had a new baby, but I thought they were back on track with their emails. Anyway, send to me at [email protected] and I'll make sure that they get them. I know Denver is always keen to chat genetics about BHP's
Cheers, Joy

Last edited:

Hi Andreas, glad you found the post and i have E-mailed you
Regards John

Derek many thanks for the info you provided me with, the animals are now with a German breeder, who has been successful with breeding his animals
Regards
John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back