Can anyone assist me with a Talk I have been asked to do..??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Surfcop24

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone...

I have been asked to do a Show and Tell at my Lil Boy's Daycare Centre on Snakes, this Friday 4th November (Because my Lil Man was talking about them of course...LOL). I do have two 11 month old Coastal Carpets.. One of which is really good handling...

The Audience is to be 2 year old toddlers -> 5 yr old preschoolers.

If anyone has any Talks prepared or Anyone wants some input into the Talk I am open for ideas...

It will only be basics, I know... But I am not real great on putting these things together..

I took them to my kids old school and gave a short talk mainly to do with subspecies and where they come from then I just let everyone ask questions also let them pat the Blunt end ! :)

My 11 year old did a talk with snakes at her school keep it simple stress no picking these guys up if you see them etc will get her to pm you if you want

will get her to pm you if you want

YOU MEAN YOUR 11 YR OLD TO PM ME??? Oh oh... I am going to be helped by an 11 yr old to do a talk...LOL I must be desperate for help...

No only kidding that would be great..... Whatever help is always welcome...

Um, seeings as your audience will be so young....I think you'll be fine with just sticking to "This is (the snake's name) he/she lives in a house with lots of branches which he/she loves to climb on. He/she also has lots of places to hide. It's nocturnal and that means it comes out at night and we like to watch it. Sometimes we like to get it out to hold it and let it explore. It likes to eat rats and mice. Its jaw stretches alot just like elastic! to swallow the big rat. When it gets too big for its skin, it sheds it off (crawls out of it etc) and has a brand new skin underneath!
Snakes don't have slimy skin like alot of ppl thik, they are quite smooth and warm to touch.
If you ever see a snake in the wild, don't touch it but go and tell an adult. Snakes are good in that they stop rats and mice from living in your house <or something to that effect"

I know that's disjointed, but hopefully it gives you some ideas :)
Goodluck with it :)

if possible take an old shed with you. sometimes that helps them to understanding the meaning of shedding as they are a bit young to grasp the doncept by just talking about it. good luck and dont forget the panadol b4 you go in lol

I took mine in to my daughters kindy a couple of months ago and I didn't have to much talking except for answering the millions of questions that the kids were throwing at me. I was an experience for me but I had fun and I think that the kids learnt a lot.

I don't want to rain on your parade surfcop but you might want to check first with parks and wildlife first just to let them know that you will be doing a talk just incase if you get pulled up by the boys in blue or if the children go and tell their parents who one could be affiliated with parks but apart from that keep it as basic as possible what they eat and the fact they're cold blooded and need to warm themselves before they can feed

Yeah tweety.... I am hoping to do that... I have thrown my previous shed's but one of them is about to shed...I just hope she does before Friday... If anyone does have an old shed..?? That I could use... I am willing to pick one up.... Someone in the South East Brisbane area..???

Snakey... Thanks for the warning..... I have spoken to them....

Has anyone done something like that in NSW? Just an unofficial show and tell for the kids? Is it ok to do with NPWS? (in NSW?)

yes as snakey said, check with QPWS first as I belive unless you have a demonstators Licence, (I think for speacial cases they can give you a day permit, for a cost,) it is illegal for you to take your animals anywhere to dispaly them as such. Silly I know but thats QLD laws, unless they have recently been changed of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back