Can anyone ID this gecko?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss B

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone knows what this little fella is exactly?

Approx. 10cm long.

Gecko3.jpg

Gecko2.jpg

Gecko.jpg

Cool, thanks.

Does anyone know the exact species?

hemidactylus frenatus, asain house gecko and introduced pest

Hemidactylus frenatus, or Makus a lotta noisus

Saz said:
or Makus a lotta noisus

:lol:

Ok cool, thanks guys.

I just thought it looked a bit different to the house geckos we normally get - they are usually big fat pinky-white coloured things.

hemidactylus frenatus, asain house gecko and introduced pest

Does this mean it's not protected? I mean protected as in protected by the EPA.

Being an introduced species, is it legal to remove them from the wild? Or do they have the same protection as our own native species?

not 100% sure, a licence is needed in nsw but no idea bout qld, i know they can be legally used as feeders

I doubt you have to have a licence to keep an introduced species,
if anything you would have to kill it I would assume

do what you want, keep it, freeze it, let it go, pat it, we have no license requirements for them in qld, so yes, you can also collect them for feed

Popped it in a tub to take photos and the little bugger died anyway. Are they nocturnal? I found him in an unused aviary outside in the middle of the afternoon yesterday, just sitting on the concrete. He barely moved, my beardie spotted him first - she thought it was dinner time :D

Wondering if perhaps he was sick?

Hello

Hello,

Oh that was a nice looking little gecko...too bad that he died.

Tracie

Alot of what we call AHG's are some kind of hybrid from mating with the local geko species.

?? I doubt that! Asian house gecko's change colour from brown to white (night & day), there is also the Morning Gecko here now, though they are very similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back