Can anyone please help me get my Cunningham skink to NZ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptilequeen

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I have my Cunningham skink (Abbott) he's 7 years old very tame and so spoiled,we go everywhere together, and I dreaded the day this might happen. I need to go back to nz, and just can't bear to leave him. I know they sell blueys and Beardies over there in pet stores, so they must have to get them in from Australia. Im truly desperate, His routine is very special and there's no one or any place he could go, he's so used to being with me all the time, this guy even obeys certain commands and Im truly not joking, we are that close. We can't be seperated, Im not a nutter, I know its sounds that way, this is an unusal bond, And I can't bear to think of us being seperated, Can someone please help me, with what I need to do and any special forms or licenses and costs? Thankyou so much really appreciate any help. My email is [email protected] Thankyou!!

PM sent with NZ customs number so you can get CORRECT UP TO DATE info. anything on here could be outdated, misinformed, or just word of mouth.

If you are only visiting then i'm sure you can find a sitter for him, If its a permanent shift you may have to look at selling him or giving him to a trusted friend. I know the bond will be hard to break but sometimes it cant be avoided.

let us know what happens

Thanks Jackie for your offer your really so kind I'll keep your email and certainly let you know how he goes, this is the worst time in my life. By the way I really loved this little pic of yours on here when I first joined and saw it here. I can't imagine my life without Abbott, he's been with me ,attatched for so long, I got him when he was only a couple of weeks old and he bit me on the way home, he's never bitten since. H's so happy and contented we both are and now this has happened. My mother is very ill and I have to return, how long? I don't know, everyone I know is frightened of him lol! and wont even stroke the poor little fella. Im a lone Reptillian lover, which is why I love APS. I know Australia hasn't a problem with this-its nz that could be so. I may even contact Austrlaia zoo Bob Irwin, I'll go to any length I have to. Just trying to be really psoitive about it right now, but its hard.Thankyou so very much for your lovely thoughtful kindness Jackie, I'll let you know. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back