can i?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

missllama

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey everyone
im pregnant, and i know that i cant clean out the kitty litter, but am i able to clean out my reptile enclosures? i heard beardys carry listeria or something and i heard that alot of bugs are airborn with reptiles also

i dont want to sell my reptiles i just want to work out the best way to care for them over the next few months being safe at the same time

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!! Missllama is Gravid! (as for your question, i have no idea.)

ive allways had cats and cleaned their trays while i was pregnant. i never had any problems. if your so worries wear gloves and a face mask

ive allways had cats and cleaned their trays while i was pregnant. i never had any problems. if your so worries wear gloves and a face mask

i think that the doctors etc make this stuff up to make women paranoid and it causes us to worry and end up back seeing them thinking we have ended up with toxoplasmosis rabies and lots of other scary made up things...

People still drink and smoke when they are pregnant, I am sure a few little bugs wont hurt :D

lol rocky well i wont be doing either, but i guess ur rite
my mum said there was a thing on the news the other night about reptiles and other animals having lots of bugs that are airborn thats where i heard that part from and that made me scared, and i heard the listeria part from another person
but i guess it cant be that bad

Yeah i wondered the same thing, and i thought it simpler to assume yes, as i have discovered that apparently 99.9% of everything is bad for you. Hahaha :D :D Now i wonder how much has been made up?

Congratz Lana

Im not sure about your question, people say alot of things u cant do when your preggers...most are full of crap.
Only thing i steered clear of was Alcohol and ciggarettes! I didnt have reptiles cages to clean though..
Ask your doctor !

Yeah i wondered the same thing, and i thought it simpler to assume yes, as i have discovered that apparently 99.9% of everything is bad for you. Hahaha :D :D Now i wonder how much has been made up?

lol thats like me right now michaels like is there anything u CAN DO? lol
i have been stuffing my face with peanuts and peanut butter toasties, and then i find out im not suppose to eat peanuts while im pregnant
...... how much does that suck
and no tuna?!?! OR ICECREAM since wen cant we eat icecream!?

i would like to know tho if beardys really do have listeria because it would be interesting to find out if they really do carry bugs and if so what

Congratz Lana

Im not sure about your question, people say alot of things u cant do when your preggers...most are full of crap.
Only thing i steered clear of was Alcohol and ciggarettes! I didnt have reptiles cages to clean though..
Ask your doctor !

my doc said that the cats steer clear of, but the reptiles she said she hasnt really heard much about the issue before

My doc ripped it up me about the smoking thing and said i must give up NOW!!!!

Then she lit up, and her second-hand smoke hit me in the face....

Congrats, I would use this as an excuse to get you hubby to clean them out ;).......hang on im ment to be on his side :lol:

Have heard of the kitten thing but not about reptiles, make sure you do get a proper answer first, wouldnt want little bubs have something wrong because you didnt.

lol thats like me right now michaels like is there anything u CAN DO? lol
i have been stuffing my face with peanuts and peanut butter toasties, and then i find out im not suppose to eat peanuts while im pregnant
...... how much does that suck
and no tuna?!?! OR ICECREAM since wen cant we eat icecream!?

i would like to know tho if beardys really do have listeria because it would be interesting to find out if they really do carry bugs and if so what

Honey, you can eat whatever the hell you want!! Since when cant you eat peanuts?? And ICe cream?? What crazy person told you that!?
Not sure about tuna, i know raw fish is a no no and if your eating chicken make sure its cooked properly (which you do anyway..duh)

But go for your life with the icecream, when i was preggers i craved Rasberry Splits...had to have them everyday lol
I also ate hot n spicy chicken ALOT which people also say is bad when ur preggers. Pfft..people are stupid ;)

Congrats, I would use this as an excuse to get you hubby to clean them out ;).......hang on im ment to be on his side :lol:

Have heard of the kitten thing but not about reptiles, make sure you do get a proper answer first, wouldnt want little bubs have something wrong because you didnt.

yea i know what u mean! lol yes i think ur suppose to be backing up the guys on this one lol

today when i fed them i put gloves on and it still makes it hard cleaning the enclosures out because i am unsure on the whole if its airborn or if its when u come in physical contact with it
i have googled some things but still no answers

another main one i need to know is, what about baby birds?
my cockatiels and indian ringnecks are about to hatch any day now and i wanted to hand raise them but i know birds are an animal that carry lots of bugs too, any opinions on that??

Honey, you can eat whatever the hell you want!! Since when cant you eat peanuts?? And ICe cream?? What crazy person told you that!?
Not sure about tuna, i know raw fish is a no no and if your eating chicken make sure its cooked properly (which you do anyway..duh)

But go for your life with the icecream, when i was preggers i craved Rasberry Splits...had to have them everyday lol
I also ate hot n spicy chicken ALOT which people also say is bad when ur preggers. Pfft..people are stupid ;)

no way i love spicey stuff i have been eating alot of hot salsa dip lol! peanuts is because the baby could have a alergic reaction to it... which i had never heard of either i thoguht alot of women liked peanut butter while pregnant?? and icecream who knows why it was on a website with lists of food not to eat lol, i mean if a baby is going to have a reaction to peanuts why not have a reaction to other things its not like peanuts are the only things people are alergic to in this world!

My doctor told me to have someone else clean out the enclosures or wear gloves and practice good hygiene also posted this not long ago and heaps of women said they didn't really worry about it which is fair enough - but are you willing to be the 1 in 10,000 or so that contracts it and the child then suffers? wear gloves and wash your hands with a disinfectant and you'll be right. Doctors give warnings not because they like to or because all things happen to every pregnancy they give warnings cause if your not careful you may just be the poor person who gets something or has a problem due to a preventable thing.
I'm pretty sure many reptiles can be carriers of the salmonella bacteria which is harmful to pregnant women.
As many others have said nearly everything is bad for you while pregnant its up to you to choose what advise you take and what risks are involved

Congratulations on the pending arrival !!! -
are you going to find out if its a girl or boy?

My doctor told me to have someone else clean out the enclosures or wear gloves and practice good hygiene also posted this not long ago and heaps of women said they didn't really worry about it which is fair enough - but are you willing to be the 1 in 10,000 or so that contracts it and the child then suffers? wear gloves and wash your hands with a disinfectant and you'll be right. Doctors give warnings not because they like to or because all things happen to every pregnancy they give warnings cause if your not careful you may just be the poor person who gets something or has a problem due to a preventable thing.
I'm pretty sure many reptiles can be carriers of the salmonella bacteria which is harmful to pregnant women.
As many others have said nearly everything is bad for you while pregnant its up to you to choose what advise you take and what risks are involved

Congratulations on the pending arrival !!! -
are you going to find out if its a girl or boy?

yea that was it i have no idea why i was thinking listeria! salmonella! did ur doctor say if its airborn tho? because i know gloves should be worn but i wasnt sure if a mask is needed? i think ill let my partner find out about the sex but i want it to be a surprise
(i am expecting to have a girl tho, seems alot of people have that feeling aswel) lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back