can u handle geckos

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bulionz

yer just wondering i want a gecko but can u still hold them cause there skin is pritty sencitive (spelling sorry)

Not advisable.They are more alook but don't touch animal.

I handle mine all the time, sometimes they bite me and others times they crap themselves.....

Yes handle them but only to clean them out/show others/see what sex they are/other miscellaneous reasons......

Pretty herps but display/ interest only kind of beastie

I have knobbies and I think they are a bit more amenable to handling, they seem to put up with me well lol. I get mine out every evening for about 5 minutes, they just sit on my hand etc. They don't seem too fussed. My marbled geckos on the other hand are little wild animals that stress out so I never touch them.

jay84 I didn't think you where allowed to have knob-tails in Victoria ???

Where did you hear that herpkeeper? You can have all the smooth knobbies, just not the rough :( gutted, as I love the roughies. Fingers crossed it won't take too long before they come on license! I'll be first in line lol

i hod my geckos all the time but i dont hold them tight just let them walk on ya

l let my knob tails walk over my hands and watch them while they go for a walk on the floor occasionally. They are a more look at animal and don't like to be handled much unlike a bearded dragon. but you can handle gently as long as they aren't showing signs of stress as they are likely to drop their tails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back