Can you feed a snake fish?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

parsons

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I have a 3 year old Python, can I feed him a small to medium size redfin? If so would it need to be scaled?

I guess you could offer it, but he might not want it, and I don't know that it would be that nutritional for him. I have a fish pond inside my outdoor enclosure and the snakes swim with the fish but have never bothered them. I guess they don't smell mousy enough.

I guess you could offer it, but he might not want it, and I don't know that it would be that nutritional for him. I have a fish pond inside my outdoor enclosure and the snakes swim with the fish but have never bothered them. I guess they don't smell mousy enough.

Maybe you need a catfish ;)

I offered my childreni a fish once when I was short a mouse, took it after a few minutes of sniffing it, but the mess produced a week later was nasty, stank to high heaven. If you do offer it a redfin, I would cut off any spines apart from that I don't see a problem with doing it

dont feed it fish. what kind of python is it? i believe that green tree snakes have fish in their natural diet but i dont believe childreni or morelia do. just go with mice and rats.

I have a catfish. Its a tendenus, eel-tailed fella, but he is only little. Snakes probably wouldn't know he's there.

I was going for the smell factor of a cat instead of the fish =catfish ....I tried but it was lame lol

why not people give tree snakes mice it isnt in there natural diet, so whats the difference?

BHP and Woma's are natural reptile eaters too, but breeders convert them to mice and rats. So, unless its proven very detrimental for the green tree snake's health or breeding, to eat fish, I can't understand the difference.

If you feed your snake a fish, it will eat for a day.
But if you teach it how to fish, it'll eat forever.

But really:- why haven't you filleted the redfin and pan fried it already??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back