Canberra get together?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greebo

Snakologist
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am a committee member of the Riverina Frog and Reptile Society. We are currently organising a small trip to Canberra to visit the Australian Reptile Centre and the Exotic Reptile Shop ( I'm not sure what this place is..I'm guessing they don't actually sell exotics...maybe someone in Canberra knows this place).
Anyway, we have set a tentative date of April 24th. It's the Sunday before Anzac day so it is a long weekend. Our plan is to visit the Exotic Reptile Shop at around 10am, a BBQ lunch at Cockington Green and a behind the scenes tour of the Australian Reptile Centre in the afternoon.
I was wondering if any APS members that live close enough would be interested in coming along? If enough people are interested, we could turn it into a little APS get together as well.

Canberra trip

Any Sydney siders wishing to go to the trip to Canberra that Greebo is organising let either Greebo or myself know, if there is enough people willing, i may be able to organise one (or 2 54- 57 seaters) of my work coaches to take down at a good price, saving everyone from having to drive them selves. let us know so i can enquire.

RE: Canberra trip

Sounds good Greebster!! Might try and get up there myself but public holidays are usually a bad time for me. Keep us posted eh?

Sounds like a good idea Greebs.

But remember - the ACT is not NSW, if you buy any herps there, you'll need an import permit to bring them back into NSW.

:p

Hix

yes peter childs is the proprieter of canberra exotics, he is a very nice guy. I go to canberra exotics for advice/supplies all the time. All their reptiles are happy and healthy and all his staff know what they are doing. Though it can be a little hard to find, hehe. If you need a guide...... :p

sounds like a great field trip, have fun. :)

Id be intrested if Herc gets a coach!~! :D

inny, apart from you know one else has shown any interest at all.

I would love to go, but I am out of Australia that time.

If anybody go, I think that Inny will appreciate lift.

Id love to go, but the next day is Anzac day and i'll need all the rest on the sunday i can get for monday!!!

Thanks Slatey , shame you'll be out of town, I was hoping for a ride on your motorbike! :D
updates if things change please, be an intresting trip! :wink:

I've been there before. Its well worth going. I think you can count me in on that one. The Reptile Centre has two huge awesome looking scrubbies and a really nice looking jungle. May have changed, i havent been there for a few years.

Simone.

I'm still interested if I can get the time off, How long does it take to drive from Melb to Canberra anyway? Very interested even if only to meet the famous Greebs finally :) You have many interested via PM Greebster?

hey afro, thinking of going away for a while as well, take the family in the campervan,canberras a fun place to shop,,what do ya reckon..i want to go and meet em and zard to,,make a holiday out of it
baz

12 hours driving time

I have some herp contacts at MARK, one of the Canberra Herp Societies. Let me know if you would like there details.

africancichlidau said:
I'm still interested if I can get the time off, How long does it take to drive from Melb to Canberra anyway? Very interested even if only to meet the famous Greebs finally :) You have many interested via PM Greebster?

Thanks Daavid, will keep that in mind :)
Sounds like a good idea Baz but would be a really flying visit for me, up, meet, back for work sort of thing :)

Hey Greebs i pm'd you and am looking foward to meeting more of the aps members, not to mention the trip. i've heard only good things, so my wife and i are looking foward to going hopefully. Other than the reptiles it is a good opportunity to convince the wife that i need to take the old monaro for a good run. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back