candling question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris1

cupcake
Reaction score
Do easily visible veins show up as soon as eggs are laid, or do they develop over a week or so?

ive never bothered candling my eggs, but decided to try it out today, (lol, i candled everything) the older eggs are obviously very pinky looking, 1 older egg is totally yellow so obviously infertile.

Eggs i got this morning are looking yellow, but eggs i got last week are yellowy but showing clear red veins, but nowhere near as many as the 7 week old eggs,...which look totally pink.

also, when the time comes to hatch, do the veins disappear? im expecting hatchies (actually 1, i think the other egg was infertile, i'll cut it open in a few weeks when its waaaaay overdue) , but since i didnt candle the other one either and it looks all shadowy with an air bubble at the top, im thinking it will hatch soon,..or did it start growing and die?

the candling thing is very cool, i wish id started checking the eggs earlier!!

Thanks,

Chris

Ive noticed it takes a few days for the veins to show in beardie eggs.. not to sure with monitors though :) good luck with them chris..

Thanks justdragons, thats good to hear, ill check again in a few days! :p

how silly am i, i forgot to mention they're gecko eggs!

hahah how silly am I,I saw chris and thought it was chris with the monitors lol sorry. but good luck still.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back