Cann the Man

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand his offspring aren't inclined to maintain the family business.[/QUOTE said:
I asked John once would his son/s take over when he retires.......hehe he said ' They scream if they see a bluetongue'. He has a great sense of humour as well as all the other good things....

thats really sad that they dont have an interest in reptiles..... what ever happened to forceing things onto kids??? people do it with religion and sport why not herps?? :)

Thanks for the heads up on him :) I'm sure I've heard his name somewhere but have never taken the time to find out more about him. I'd love to have seen the show, it sounds fantasitc!

Anyone feel like bagging John Cann???

You'd be a braver man than me to try that :lol::lol:

Saw him on the TV the other day on a repeat of that Guinuss Book of Records show - longest running reptile show on earth. He was saying that sadly it looks like the show will die with him as his boys don't look like they want to keep the family tradition going.

Mr Canns Book, Snakes Alive Is A Great Read,all About The Old Snake Showmen And There Bit Cures, His Family Has Been Performing At La Peruse Since About 1913, Done Big Things For Reptilse In Oz, Great Book

Is it John and his brother that do the show? :) I bought a turtle off John hes a good man with a great sense of humour :) I was at the show a couple of weeks back and a bloke asked him why the coastal had a small head and huge body he replied in a flash 'The same reason why you do. Classic :):) I love the show I always watch 2-3 times in a row amazed. I too freak out as he takes out the vens and people have there kids dangling over the sides!! even when he tells them to put them out. some people are idiots. I have been there on one occasion when one of the tigers came straight toward me and he flicked it and it hit the side of the barrier before he got it by the tail he was very good but having kids legs hanging over the side wouldnt of help the situation.

Ditto to all the above. John's much missed brother George was an equally special man. His picture appears in the dictionary after the definition of gentleman. Not many snakemen in the world with the personal qualities of the Cann boys - and never have there been more generous men in any walk of life.

John

Great to see a thread with NOTHING but good things to say about someone. It is truely sad to think the show may have to stop after all these years, if i wasn't being moved to Townsville, it'd stick my hand up in a flash.

there has to be someone with his kind of skill around that would be willing to take over on johns behalf?? john would obviously have to make sure they no what they are doing and they would have to keep the stories about the canns involved! but doesnt anyone want to take it over for them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back