Canned Food

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Notorious_Guf

Reaction score
Hi, has anyone come across this type of food for Reptiles?

http://www.jurassipet.com/Products/EasiDiets.html

I saw some today in my local pet store and wondered if anyone used any of these or maybe something similar and whether they are worth having, maybe as a back up for when you run out of live food, or to vary your Reptiles Diet. They are far more expensive than live food too, but could be handy to keep in the fridge for emergencies.

Cheers

Guf

I have tried canned crickets, snails and grasshoppers. Blue tongues didn't mind the snails but none of my dragons would eat the crickets or grasshoppers. Not even my wild birds that I rescue and care for were interested in them. Butcher bird spat the grasshoppers & crix. Apart from the strange smell they look like plastic toys. Maybe if you chop them up the lizards might eat them but there are plenty of other fresh food available to keep them happy when I run out of the crawlies.

And of course I don't read labels so perhaps they are meant to be re-hydrated before feeding. If that's the case I no wonder my animals wouldn't eat the dry, hard insects, but if they are meant to eat them as they are, I won't bother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back