Can't Wait...New Computer Coming Soon!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skelhorn

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Well I plan on getting a new Tower in time for AC3! Can't wait.

I have a mate thats building me one (yet to find out the specs and goodies but will let ya'll know when I find out).

I recently saw his rig and just found out he only paid $1520 for his whole set up....What his running is insane. I have not seen anything that good at any computer store! I know his running a top of the line Radeon graphics card and a quad core 4.2ghz processor and the alikes...personally I am more of a Nvidia and Intel man.
I am looking at a intel motherboard and 3rd generation I7 processor running 3.6ghz +, GTX600 series Card, min 12gig ram, a 120gig SSD drive for Windows 7 (64bit) for operating system), blue ray dvd drive, (not to sure on the case yet but want the same as what his got...the front slides out and there is a 7inch colour touch screen display showing computer stats and you can control all individual speeds etc from that point!)

I will post stats when I find out. I am putting around $1200 into the tower alone (not including Harddrives) as I have everything else so should be a sweeeeeeeeet set up!

oooooooooo Can't wait!

Nice specs in there mate, just with all that, make sure your cooling is up to it :)

I HATE APPLE! hahaha Plus my computer is for gaming and apple is def not up to that!
Plus for $1200 you cannot buy any apply machine that would remotely compare!

Yeah I forgot to mention I am also wanting an 800watt power supply and the case has 4 fans with the largest being 20cm on top pushing air down and throughout :)

I've never understood why people are so 'apple' or 'pc' - apples really don't have any advantage over any pc these days, above all, apple is over priced and for what exactly?

I've never understood why people are so 'apple' or 'pc' - apples really don't have any advantage over any pc these days, above all, apple is over priced and for what exactly?

Like most things it's 'horse for courses'. Apples are good if you don't know much about computing and want a simple to use computer with a good build quality and after market care. PCs are more for people that want more choice in what they do. Want the freedom of being able to customise their pc and week it for better performance. Apple Macs used to have totally different components to pc, but now days they run intel chips and amd graphics cards the same as PC's.

Personally I'm a PC man. I have never known anyone to run a emulator on a PC for a Mac operating system.

Well I am looking at:
AMD Fatality 990FX Gaming Motherboard, 8 core 4.2ghz CPU, 16gig DDR3 RAM, Corsair SSD drive, Antec CPU water cooling system, gigabyte radeon 2gb card through crossfire, antec 1000w gamer powersupply, LG 24x speed DVD opital Drive...$1220
I prefer Intel but for the same **** will cost an extra $500!

Excuse the title...

[video=youtube;FFhjDX-DUew]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFhjDX-DUew[/video]

Each to their own, I have used both and much prefer my PC but then again you get those that want to see the world burn

macbook-air-review-windows-7.jpg

Old parts lol

I'm no gamer so I just run the same pc that I bought 2 years ago with a few mods. I just switched my OS to a 512 Samsung ssd. Upgraded the ram to 16gb. Installed a couble of 2tb hard drives for files (have NAS as well). And upgraded to windows 7 64 bit (second time since I installed 8 and hated it). Bought 2 x dell 24" led screens too. Oh and threw in a usb 3 PCI card.
Does all that I need it to do. I still love my iphone, ipad, macbook air and apple tv though. They all network well with my PC. Best of both worlds really. Apple haters are just poor bastards who are jelly of people who can waste money on toys :p

The original system was just s shelf bought Dell.
Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Quad processor Q6600 (For 425W Chassis), (2.4GHz, 8MB L2 Cache, 1066MHz FSB)
512MB NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) 9800GT Graphics

Last edited by a moderator:
second time since I installed 8 and hated it

Agreed :| I had a play with it the other day... you have to buy the start bar for classic view, or download a third party application for it.

I had such high hopes after Windows 7...

Agreed :| I had a play with it the other day... you have to buy the start bar for classic view, or download a third party application for it.

I had such high hopes after Windows 7...

It comes in swings and roundabouts mate. Every second Microsoft release is pretty bad. At least windows 8 makes it easy for all these uni "programmers" who graduated by drawing within the line. Finally, a use for an art degree :p

I HATE APPLE! hahaha Plus my computer is for gaming and apple is def not up to that!
Plus for $1200 you cannot buy any apply machine that would remotely compare!

Yeah I forgot to mention I am also wanting an 800watt power supply and the case has 4 fans with the largest being 20cm on top pushing air down and throughout :)
my younger brother in law is about to set up his own with liquid cooling, you can youtube how to do it yourself pretty cheap now

Isn't trolling when you hang a lure from the back of the boat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back