Carbon Tax - Is your opinion based on how much you make?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you support the proposed carbon tax?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people get a bit uppity about opinions, lmfao.

I realise it is usually (not always, but usually) necessary to take loans. And it's not a bad thing, but I find too many people living far outside their means on credit and wondering why it all comes undone so easily. If you do it with a level head is isn't a big deal, too many people just get the $$$ signs in their eyes.

I guess it comes down to lifestyle and location. We don't live in Sydney, we live in Townsville, and not in the CBD, although the commute for my partner who works there is only 25 mins of easy driving in the morning and the parking is free :) We don't want for a mansion, a nice reno'd queenslander on a decent chunk of land with plenty of potential to make it 'ours' rather than like all the others would be great. To pay a million bucks for a house around here you'd have to be a total nutter.

No inheritence or handouts for me, just work. I started out mowing lawns with my dads ute as soon as I could drive and was making $600 a weekend cash in hand as a 17 year old with the only outlay being a bit of fuel, every weekend for 3 years, then work through uni while living at home, and now living in a very low rent house (but a very nice one at that, the owner has lost her marbles I think). This plays a big part of it, paying little rent certainly helps. We cook meals that will last a few nights out of fresh foods, I hunt ferals for sport but they also fill the freezer (and helps the environment). Cut meat out of a shopping bill and it becomes quite cheap, my breakfast, smoko and lunches costs me $30 a week :)

I don't pay loads of tax, but the 15 to 20 K a year that do go to tax would be good to have in my pocket :)

Kids. Ha. Don't even go there. There's probably enough people on the planet already.

In this pole I voted yes. It's a bit broader than that though. I agree with it in principal but the way it is implemented could do with a shake up (as could most things in politics).
http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/member/abnrmal91-26757/
Australia is not the root of the problem, but you have to start somewhere. If I never started saving my first grand, I'd never buy a house, as far away as that seems when you start out.

And I don't have my life in order, trust me, far from it. Im just lucky ;)

Eventually that usually works out, lol.
Should also mention I drive a work car so only use a tank of fuel in my 4cyl ute every couple of weeks, so that cuts that out of the bills...

So what they tax big companies that make all the carbon,they make billions in profit anyway.Then they pay the tax still make money and palm of the higher prices to consumers?

Rednut...i am totally sure that when u were such a wonderful/energetic young man doing all that lawn-mowing, with $600 per weekend,,,,u paid all ur due income taxes thereon. i have no doubt about it whatsoever....may u continue to work hard

There are a few things that drive me absolutely mental about this country, and quite a few of them are littered right throughout this thread, starting with taxes. We are the most overtaxed country in the western world, why? Because our politicians are greedy and we are a welfare state. My next gripe, the more you do, the harder you work and the longer you go to school the more you get punished. I am fed up with being told that I should be paying more taxes and getting less handouts and paying more for so many things just because I earn more. You want to earn more then bloody work harder or go to school longer and please no one give me the I didn't have a chance rhetoric lest I bring up my crap childhood.

Why is everything indexed to work against the people who earn the most? We are the ones keeping this country floating and we suffer it is a disgrace. Why should I get less of a baby bonus than someone on the dole? I should get more than them, you know why? Because I pay more bloody taxes that's why.

As for the carbon tax well it is just those Labor retards trying to dig us out of the debt hole that they threw us in to start with.

End rant........for now.

Anyone see the old bird on the news having a spit at Julia Gillard?? Funny as!

It's a bit of a joke..

I get like a $3 rebate so they can say 90% of the population will get rebates .. makes them look slightly better..

I don't mind if it goes back into the community into it's own funded projects etc, but if it goes just into the main revenue stream like speed cameras (which should go into the roads and safety) then it's a joke.

Extra tax breaks should go for those people who choose to help the environment (on purpose or not) etc the extra effort people put into there house light ratings etc.. and those who get diesel cars or those that have far lower emissions, OR make it so people driving larger V8's etc pay more (I know lots of people may rant at this)... but what evs, if you own a V8 now adays you know your already going to be paying through the nose for the luxury..

It is a huge gamble on Labors part, it could cost them in the next election.

There are a few things that drive me absolutely mental about this country, and quite a few of them are littered right throughout this thread, starting with taxes. We are the most overtaxed country in the western world, why? Because our politicians are greedy and we are a welfare state. My next gripe, the more you do, the harder you work and the longer you go to school the more you get punished. I am fed up with being told that I should be paying more taxes and getting less handouts and paying more for so many things just because I earn more. You want to earn more then bloody work harder or go to school longer and please no one give me the I didn't have a chance rhetoric lest I bring up my crap childhood.

Why is everything indexed to work against the people who earn the most? We are the ones keeping this country floating and we suffer it is a disgrace. Why should I get less of a baby bonus than someone on the dole? I should get more than them, you know why? Because I pay more bloody taxes that's why.

As for the carbon tax well it is just those Labor retards trying to dig us out of the debt hole that they threw us in to start with.

End rant........for now.

Summed up perfectly!

It's a bit of a joke..

I get like a $3 rebate so they can say 90% of the population will get rebates .. makes them look slightly better..

It is a huge gamble on Labors part, it could cost them in the next election.

It will cost them the next 3 elections at least.

I seriously cannot believe that sooooooo many people have been conned so easily by the government, they must be peeing themselves laughing at just how gullible some of the Australian people are. They have effectively added a useless tax, hidden behind the word "green", and soooo many people are saying "Please tax me some more, its good for me".

S T U P I D...............

My next gripe, the more you do, the harder you work and the longer you go to school the more you get punished. I am fed up with being told that I should be paying more taxes and getting less handouts and paying more for so many things just because I earn more. You want to earn more then bloody work harder or go to school longer and please no one give me the I didn't have a chance rhetoric lest I bring up my crap childhood.

Indeed. I worked my butt off studying an Engineering (Software) degree for four years. Why should I be penalised?
Also, I don't think my carbon footprint would be any larger than the average John Doe. Possibly smaller, if anything.

Indeed. I worked my butt off studying an Engineering (Software) degree for four years. Why should I be penalised?
Also, I don't think my carbon footprint would be any larger than the average John Doe. Possibly smaller, if anything.
If the world comes to an end you will have so much more to lose than those of us who are unqualified so shouldn't you pay more?

If the world comes to an end you will have so much more to lose than those of us who are unqualified so shouldn't you pay more?

I don't follow your line of logic. Please elaborate.

I would have thought if the world comes to an end, humanity would descend into nihilistic anarchy (personally I think we're three quarters of the way there anyway - I never claimed to be an optimist).

So in what regard do I have much more to lose?

personally i wanna shop were JuLIAR is going to shop where the food is only going up by 80 cents a week in total

oh and hubby and i are on DSP and while we might be compensated for the tax i doubt we will be compensated every time there is a price rise on electricity, gas, food, fuel (eventually), and everything else that will go up

so i expect to see NOTHING from our compensation and in fact almost guarantee we will be worse off

i honestly feel sorry for anyone on low incomes who are trying to raise a family, pay off their homes or pay rent and generally try to survive as it seems every time you turn around the government kick you guys in the teeth with a new tax

nice of politicians who in reality dont have to worry about how much things go up after all if they cant have their fillet steaks every night they can just vote themselves a nice big fat juicy pay rise which is much higher then everyone else cause they work oh so hard
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I looked up the last pay rise MP's made in August 2010. It was 4.3 percent. I'd like to make a bet that few people got a pay increase in excess of the CPI like they did.

I looked up the last pay rise MP's made in August 2010. It was 4.3 percent. I'd like to make a bet that few people got a pay increase in excess of the CPI like they did.
What was the CPI at. I got a pay rise of 4% in april. Then 3.5% for the next 3 years. Which is good because Mr Barry ofarrel wants to cap public sector to 2.5%. I am sure all the nsw pollies will get more then 2.5%.

it might well be that, in a short time, the least of the worries of many of the NSW public sector employees turns out to be the capping on their salaries....It might well be that they become FORMER NSW public sector employees..................it just might well be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back