Carbon Trading $$$$$$$$$

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i use the "green energy" options (it ****** me off tho that ~I~ don't use it, i just pay for it to go into the grid)

Actually, I was reading an article recently that claimed that the energy companies "Green Energy" option is a bit of a con (I used to work for an energy comapny and always had my suspicions). The amount of power generated by "green" sources is a lot less than the people that subscribe to it. I even heard someone say that subscribed to "green energy" that thought the power he received was exclusively "green". I had to tell him that generators do not discriminate!!

Fester is 100% correct on the green energy thing it's exactly the same product from the same source sold under a different name to make more money out of people gullible enough to fall for it:lol: afterall it does run through the same grid.

i am aware that i may not be using the green energy.

it is however -supposedly- added to the grid because i purchase it.

and it costs me about $4 more a month...

Fester is 100% correct on the green energy thing it's exactly the same product from the same source sold under a different name to make more money out of people gullible enough to fall for it:lol: afterall it does run through the same grid.

I refuse to buy this for exactly that reason. Lets assume everyone got a conscience at once and opted to pay the extra. they can't guarantee that the appropriate amount of Green energy is produced becuase we only produce about 10-15% green energy anyway, and that is when the dams are full and it is blowing a gail.

I think the extra money is supposed to allow them to invest in more green energy power plants sooner. The government needs to provide more incentive to go green and develop greener technology at reason prices. Whether the government pays for it now or we pay for it when it is available we still pay so lets have it now.

i am aware that i may not be using the green energy.

it is however -supposedly- added to the grid because i purchase it.

and it costs me about $4 more a month...

The closest viable option to green energy is Nuclear or clean coal technology there is gas but its too expensive to run all the time . The other options are too varied in what they can produce because they rely on weather to function and produce power. So i highly doubt we will ever see solar or wind power making up even 50% of supply to the grid.

its not like there isn't anywhere in the world that runs entirely on wind.....

oh wait.... there is!

one norwegian island runs solely on wind, only half the island needs backup power is it is still for more than 2 days....

there is a US town that produces 130% of its required power through wind only.... no longer have any back up (rock port)

and i have read of about 5 others that i can't recall at the moment, but have the journals etc at work

its not like there isn't anywhere in the world that runs entirely on wind.....

oh wait.... there is!

one norwegian island runs solely on wind, only half the island needs backup power is it is still for more than 2 days....

there is a US town that produces 130% of its required power through wind only.... no longer have any back up (rock port)

and i have read of about 5 others that i can't recall at the moment, but have the journals etc at work

I think you will find that those are places with low power need's to begin with and reasonably strong wind . And a lot of people who are in the areas where they would be placed here do not want them on their land or in their area because they are absolute eyesore's and would disturb livestock.So where exactly do they propose to build them? Force people to have them on their land?

and i just looked up this rockport place and they are only producing 4000kw of power from 4 suzlon S-64 turbine's so that means 1000 of them would be required just to produce one Megawatt. Loy Yang produces 525 Megawatt's from a single boiler/generator it has six of them from memory so just how many wind turbine's would be needed just to match a single boiler/generator?:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back