Care and Breeder Registry

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think its a great idea, bout time someone put all the caresheets and breeders in one easy to find place!! :)

excellent!!

maybe under the breeders bit have a currently available section that they can update themselves?

its a good concept, but given what people can do with computers today i wouldnt consider any of the information completely safe.
=(

im also guessing with the whole privacy issue, you'd have to ask every breeder you wish to list and i dont think the breeders of the rarer species would be to keen for it.

one way to preserve information would simply to give viewers a contact email for the site ie. if it were called "herpbreeders", you can email "[email protected]" etc....

that way no information is divulged. this email account can have all its emails redirected to any account, without the enquiree knowing. some breeders provide a contact number over the internet anyway and may not mind providing these details.

from my pov, such a database would allow people to find and contact a number of breeders without having to scour a number of internet sites or attend a number of herp meetings spread over wide areas.

NB
the above post does outline one issues - every breeder would need to be asked about the site, and some may not want people knowing what they breed or have them being able to email or call them.

Good Ideas... and I definitely wouldn't just list every breeder I know, I would have to have people ask to be listed before I list them.

one way to preserve information would simply to give viewers a contact email for the site ie. if it were called "herpbreeders", you can email "[email protected]" etc....

that way no information is divulged. this email account can have all its emails redirected to any account, without the enquiree knowing. some breeders provide a contact number over the internet anyway and may not mind providing these details.

from my pov, such a database would allow people to find and contact a number of breeders without having to scour a number of internet sites or attend a number of herp meetings spread over wide areas.

NB
the above post does outline one issues - every breeder would need to be asked about the site, and some may not want people knowing what they breed or have them being able to email or call them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back