CarpetPythons.com.au

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think we will have a site like that and not have permission. We have also changed some of the info to reflect our seasons and the way we do things. That is the best caresheet on the net for carpetpythons. Thanks for all the kind words and thanks again for that kick **** site!

Ha, not even finished yet ;)

Very nice :D

I think other than an artistic and design flare and a good strong knowledge of the programs... theres that something extra that you pro web design folk possess... something I will never ever have. I change my mind so frequently within the creation process that my web design always ends up over complicated or somehow just short of quality LOL So I appreciate how much work goes into these things and how exceptional you are to be able to produce it to a time limit! baring in mind my own website has gone unfinished for months now and is the reason I have not officially started my business!! You will have to PM me how much you charge :D I may be in need of assistance rofl

I know what you mean, if I put all my design flare in a website it would be hard to understand and navigate.
Building a website needs to have certain design aspects that help a person navigate and access the content.
The key is the right balance of functionality and design.

Thanks for all the great comments guys.
Enjoy the site, it's going to get better. More content and more features will be added very soon.

Cheers

Building a website needs to have certain design aspects that help a person navigate and access the content.
The key is the right balance of functionality and design.

and make it user-friendly for the admin - even I can make changes, upload pictures, delete things, etc., on my web site ....... which is still the best there is! :lol:
Great work Denuel.

Hey guys well done.
Very informative, Paula has allready printed some info from it. & we have not read the lot.

In particular the video on assembly of the new cages is a great idea. I think that these cages will take off great for you, one thing I would like to see with the cage photos is some pics of the ventilation.(unless I missed them).

Cheers
Ian.

and make it user-friendly for the admin - even I can make changes, upload pictures, delete things, etc., on my web site ....... which is still the best there is! :lol:
Great work Denuel.

You would be surprised how many websites have CMS programs that, tho they work, are complicated and force their owners to call a designer and pay to make changes.
Or like you website, you were forced to edit your content on html and upload it to the server. It takes too long and the process turns people off from updating their website.

I'm glad to see that your website is updated frequently Michael... oh and that green you gave me is doing suer well... He's almost 30cm long (if not already)

There are also "web-maker masters" who design the thing so only they can fix up any problems. My very first web site (photography) was built by one of my colleagues, who wrote a small program into it that only she knew how to run it. When she moved out of town I had no choice but to dump the site (that cost me $1100.-).

Web site looks awesome. Really good work there!
It's a shame an Aussie web site has information about husbandry and has measurements in gallons and inches though :(
eg "Adult Jungle carpets and Irian Jaya carpets should be kept in a cage with a minimum of 4-6 square feet of floor space, such as a 2′x2′ or a 3′ x 2′ cage. Cages should be 15″-24″ high. Any taller and the cage will become difficult to maintain a proper heat gradient."

Last edited by a moderator:
Web site looks awesome. Really good work there!
It's a shame an Aussie web site has information about husbandry and has measurements in gallons and inches though :(
eg "Adult Jungle carpets and Irian Jaya carpets should be kept in a cage with a minimum of 4-6 square feet of floor space, such as a 2′x2′ or a 3′ x 2′ cage. Cages should be 15″-24″ high. Any taller and the cage will become difficult to maintain a proper heat gradient."

The author of that care sheet is American. I thought we use both metric and empirical measurement units in Australia? I guess it all depends on how old you are. I will get Danuel to convert those measurements.

I don't have a clue what fancybox is? I know he is working on making the site smart phone friendly!

Very nice - but the HTML seems to have references to FancyBox but I can't see any implementation.

Stop looking at the HTML LOL, here CarpetPythons.com.au ? Pro Line Reptile Habitats scroll to the bottom, when you click on the thumbnails the images will pop up with fancybox.

I know he is working on making the site smart phone friendly!

Yep it should be phone ready in a week or two. Just making sure it works well on all kinds of phones, but I will mainly be focusing on smart phones like iPhone and the Galaxy.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back