Cars. what do you drive?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love you car chappy!
my new car..

Attachments

• IMG_0187.jpg
    IMG_0187.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0191.jpg
    IMG_0191.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 37
LOL Pythonlover :D

Yours isnt to shabby either!! I LOVE em in white the SSs!!! You planning to do any mods?? The standard Ls1 just didnt do anything for me!!

First off, my car is not "riced up", it looks stock apart from the flat black 17x7"s and it actually handles quit well for a car i consider a means of transport. Im just trying to say that there not bad lil' cars for what you pay for them. I also know of 2 Hyundai Getz's that have been turbo-ed.
I have owned and driven alot of "real cars" in my life and i still rate my Hyundai Getz as one of the best cars ive driven. Im not saying its going to tear the balls of any imports or V8's but, it does surprise a few people in 6's.
For what the Getz is, a small, cheap, economical run a bout its definitely up there with the best in its class and has proven it with numerous awards since its release.
Just wait until you see what Hyundai can do.

I'm well aware of Hyundai and their aspirations to produce a medium sized, rear-wheel drive coupe. I'm reasonably well hooked up in the motoring journo industry. I'm also aware that they've attempted to release a 'sports' car previously... and that's how we ended up with the abonimation knows as the Hyundai S Coupe and similar.

Ideally they would release a 2.0litre turbo version of their new fan-dangled sports coupe, but the market isn't there for it (as evidenced by the demise of the S15 200SX).

Anyway, I wasn't having a shot at your car, I really don't care what you drive. My daily is an '89 KE Laser... and it's AUTO!

I used to have a GTR until this happened. They don't fly...literally. Now I've got an 05 Wrangler Hard Top on 20's.

that is devestating!

on an unrelated matter...
its so funny to see people going nuts over thier own car and saying how good it is and all that.. seriously alot of people in this thread need to drive some real cars. and i know that because i drive a skyline everyone will turn around and call me a ricer or a tuner or wateva you want to call me but i grew up with the holdens and fords. my dad is mechanic who loves his big v8s. the first car i ever drove, when i was about 8 years old, was a supercharged hsv vs senator. i am still yet to come across a street legal car that it within the reach of the average person (lets say under $50 000) that handles better than mine.

Choco, I love the Jeep mate and those rims match nicely. Always been a fan of the Jeep Wrangler, there such a nice car.

Cheers. It will be for sale soon. Want another toy.

I'm totaly against you there, i can't stand big chrome wheels, they take so much of the performance out of whatever car they go on, and most of them look crap, IMO

not a fan at all.

i'm putting 19 x 8's on my forester, butn no chrome,
light weight white alloy rims, with a pollished dish
only 8kg, not 28kg like those chromies... serious, they would weigh over 25kg

While I do agree most of the time obviously I didn't buy the Jeep for performance nor put thee wheels on the Jeep for performance...and there's not much performance to detract from. They just looked good and I hadn't seen it here on the coast when I got them.

would you girls stop fighting over a damn Getz, it's a crap girls car, end of discussion..

A Mazda E2000 van with a 1.8 liter motor setup for camping/fishing/herping . I have certain physical attributes that mean I don't require a flash car to impress the ladies.

Oh, and I got it to Lakefield national park via Winton last year camping along the way. Look it up.

LOL Pythonlover :D

Yours isnt to shabby either!! I LOVE em in white the SSs!!! You planning to do any mods?? The standard Ls1 just didnt do anything for me!!

Yeah getting my exhaust put on next week, then saving for a bit then after the cash builds up a bit OTR, diff gears, maffless tune, and head cam work. then hopefully in a few years time some forced induction.. lol that will take a bit of saving!

what has yours got done to it?

OK....I couldnt help myself....I had to post.....
The daddo is obviously the fastest car on this thread ;) ;).....especially this one!!.....They made great cars in 1968...this is the first sports car Japan ever produced, little pocket rocket.

180hp
wt: 900kg
twin 45 webbers
2lt engine......

Pretty good for 1968!!!! :):)

Datsun 2000 sports 1968 model Daddo club race...ummmm I mean drive.
Resize of 05032008(005).jpg
Resize of pics 043.jpg

. i am still yet to come across a street legal car that it within the reach of the average person (lets say under $50 000) that handles better than mine.[/QUOTE]

You must have missed my reply a couple of pages back:D
She will do a genuine 150mph+ 1990 Cosworth Sierra Sapphire with sensible stage 2 mods that I may part with for around $18K.

Attachments

• DSCF1578a.JPG
    DSCF1578a.JPG
    246.8 KB · Views: 34
  • DSCF1582a.JPG
    DSCF1582a.JPG
    224.8 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCF1584a.JPG
    DSCF1584a.JPG
    249.4 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCF1590a.JPG
    DSCF1590a.JPG
    256.9 KB · Views: 36
. i am still yet to come across a street legal car that it within the reach of the average person (lets say under $50 000) that handles better than mine.

You must have missed my reply a couple of pages back:D
She will do a genuine 150mph+ 1990 Cosworth Sierra Sapphire with sensible stage 2 mods that I may part with for around $18K.[/quote]

you must have misread my post..... i said handles better. handling has nothing to do with speed it can do.150 mph is no good when u cant go round corners. also mines still cheaper.... and im sorry to say looks nicer as well..

I have a lemon.
Evil Magna that breaks down every day...
First car was a old toyota, that went up in flames for no reason!!

Uni students cant afford much. I paid $2000 for a manual vl commodore 6cylinder with a stereo and mags. It was pretty slow.

About 4months ago I put a turbo on it and its now making good power (around 190rwkw) with just a bit more boost and an intercooler and exhaust. Sometimes other cars race me off the lights (to the speed limit ;)) and most of them have no chance, the look on the guys face who has just been beaten in his brand new $45 000 xr6 turbo by a $3000 20yr old car driven by a young dude is priceless :)

I love the car its great fun to drive and i wouldnt sell it for anything, having said that its still a 20yr old POS but i dont care because its fast:) When im out of uni i shall get a new car.

Oh and that turbo cosworth is an awesome car! love it!

And to the guy saying his getz suprises some sixes all i can say is "Getz Real Mate" because its one of the slowest cars on the road, I used to drive one delivering pizzas at eagles boys and they really are a girls car...you put your foot to the floor and nothing happens lol

Last edited:
pics

Attachments

• IMG_1041.jpg
    IMG_1041.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1042.jpg
    IMG_1042.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 42
Chappy, im not saying my Getz is the fastest car ever, etc. I just know ive raced various makes and models of various cars and had the owner of those cars tell me at the next set at traffic lights how surprised they were at the take off, cornering, etc of my car.
IMO, 1/4 mile times mean **** all at traffic lights. The roads are bumpy, theres corners (FWD's will beat most RWD cars through any corner)

lol i bet no one has ever commented on the take off of your car. Its about the slowest car on the road. I dont really care because its good for what its purpose is, a small economical car and its reliable etc but cmon RWD cars handle way better then FWD cars thats why all the fast sports cars and race cars in the world are RWD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back