Central Netted Advice

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FAY

As we keep our central netteds quite warm...does nayone have a solution of getting their eggs that they lay in the sand out before they shrivel up from the heat?
We just cannot watch them 24/7!

I had a similar problem with my red barred dragons.

Following advice from others, i would moisten the sand in one small section of the enclosure when i thought that they were close to laying (alternatively you could just keep it moist all the time, it would last 3-4 days before it had to be moistened again). Since then, without fail (3 clutches) they have laid in the damp spot, and i simply wait till the female looks all dishevelled and shrunken, or if there are obvious disturbances, look through the damp area. Eggs have been fine in that soil for a few days before i get them out.

If there is an easier way let me know , but this one seems to work!

my tip would be to supply a moistened egg laying box,as if the lay in the dry sand thats heated,your only option is to hope u catch them before they dry out,if u keep a laying box or 2 in there,if u can get them to use that, you wont need to worry so much,plus it has other benifits,offers a moist hide area,and then u have a general idea where they will lay,not supplying a moist area for laying can stress females,and theres more risks of becoming egg bound,good luck with them,there cute little dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back