Central Netted Dragon

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mighty_Moose

Reaction score
Well im not going to be getting any of them any time soon BUT i would like to in the not so distant future (next year if im lucky) and was wondering about the enclosure care and was wondering if they are good little pets. I was thinking of either keeping one as a pet or having a pair to breed BUT i dont wanna get into breeding them if they will be aggressive towards each other and need to be separated. I would really like to know the details and the best setups and feeding.. I currently have a beardy and sandswimmer so i have a MASS of crickets and woodies so food wont be an issue as i know thats what they will be eating

So yeah any stories,pictures dimensions. would be GREATLY appreciated :D:D:D:D

they r nice lizards. dont house males males together as they can fight. have sand as the flooring and provide lots of hiding spots so they feel protected. make sure when u giv them water it is in a unspillable container. feed them gutloaded crickets or ( they r the easiest to buy

lol thanks yeah it was either going to be a breeding pair or just a single i wouldnt even bother housing males together .. but yeah have you owned them or currently own them ?

Oh do you remember the size of the enclosure ?? and does anyone else have some info =D

im sorry i cant really remember the size but it was pretty big because they need alot of floorspace

Hmm so anyone else =D Thanks for that Richo btw i dont even know if you can get croc skinks in Aus

i have got 4 (3 females and a male) in a 4x2x2 tank. pretty similar set up to beardies, maybe a little bit hotter. they are really cool little guys, very active. they love to dig though, so they need a fair bit of sand, and make sure any rocks are on the bottom of the tank, as they will dig under them... not a big fan of veges (they will eat a small bit every now and then), so its almost purely insects, but they would eat about 1/10th of the amount that beardies do, so they are much more economical... awesome lizards though, really interesting to watch

there real good pets but i wouldnt risk putting 2 males with each other inless there family and i would get a pair they wont be agressive to each other his some pics of mine

3-netted-dragons-23-03-09-11535t.jpg

they are awsome little guys i have 1x make at the moment
looking at getting some females this yr.
I keep mine in a coffee table enclosure. with a sand base
I find that my little guys loves greens(bok choy) and crickets -

I would say that when you buy/build the encloure that made sure you dont have sliding doors as the runners fill up with sand as they are quite active diggers

Fee free to check out my pics. And it you can get the Book that would help you out heaps. - Or even talk to Shannon plummer(she is a member of this site) her book is awsome,. and i found it very helpful, and Shannon sould be able to help you with all your question

Thanks for all the replies.. Lol btw i wasnt ever considering 2 males. Anyone know how big for a single or a pair ? i understand the more there is the more space you need .

im actaully thinkin of a lizard to get and i actually might get these lizards ill put a bit of thought into it

Thanks for all the replies.. Lol btw i wasnt ever considering 2 males. Anyone know how big for a single or a pair ? i understand the more there is the more space you need .

3x2x2 should be fine for a pair, their quite small so they don't take up much room. Go to Shannon's web page if you wnat to learn more. I kept a single male in a 2.5 x 1.5 x 1.5 years ago and it had plenty of room to run around. make sure you give them plenty of hides in there and a deep enough substrate they can burrow in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back