central netted dragons have eggs, help me

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jonneyrotten

Reaction score
Hello all
I have got pair of central netted dragons, that have just laid eggs, I have got an ice-cream tub with half red sand and half peat moss witch she has laid the eggs in, I think she has laid about four eggs, I have an incubator witch I will put the eggs into, these are the first eggs I have got from these dragons, so I was just wondering when can I take the eggs out of the tub and into the incubator, do I leave the eggs in the same tub, or do I get another tub with a different mix, what type of temp,and humidity should I set the incubator at, ect,ect any help would be great, thanks for reading, look forward to the reply?s.
Cheers
johno

Hi Johno
I have only had fertile eggs once so far from my guys, but here goes:
Get another container and put about an inch of vermiculite in there. Add enough water so that when you squeeze the vermic into a ball, it holds its shape but doesnt drip water.
Pop the eggs in this but try not to turn them from their original upright position
Make sure that the container is air tight so that it will not loose humidity.
Set your incubator to about 30 degrees *and cook on moderate heat for 70 days* lol
Good luck
Bex

mix your vermiculite 1:1 with water by weight. so lets say 100 grams of vermiculite and 100 grams of water. I put my eggs mostly in a 1 liter takeaway tub 3/4 filled with the mixture. Ensure to put the lid on top so you keep the moisture in.

Another good idea is to cut a large section of the tub lid out and put glad wrap over the tub and then replace the lid, to create a window so you can see the eggs without taking the lid off. Glad wrap allows gaseous exchange so you will not need to open up. I'd also go with a 1:1 ratio by weight of vermiculite to water, but perlite works just as well.
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back