Central Netteds

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
jumped up at least the height of himself
I used to release flies into their enclosure and they would jump and catch them out of mid air :shock:
keep the pics coming, the juvs are so cute (guys opinion :wink: )
ooo and i like the spiny tails too - my geckos should hatch any day now, hopefully :)

Thats it, im getting some. They're too cute, im definatly getting some.
MrStraetzSholmes.gif

Jordo - YUP!!!! Actually a huge house fly managed to get into their enclosure a few days back, I think it must have been after their veggies. When I checked on them before going to bed I noticed it
was in there, and I was about to take the lid off and let it out when a little dragon shot out from under the driftwood, lept into mid-air and caught the huge fly,
which I thought was very brave considering the fly was the size of his head LOL! I was a bit worried that he would have a job digesting it because of its size, but he's just fine, so no harm done.
Good luck with the eggs. I really hope they hatch. Are they from that cute little Levis in the other post?My two females have had their boyfriend for only a couple of weeks, but they are getting on well.
I'm hoping for some Levis hatchlings before the season is out too. Post pics when they hatch!

Jnglgrl - They are SO worth it! I love mine to bits. They are in a 2ft standard tank at the moment (I remove them to a seperate tub to feed live food though),
and I have a 3ft by 18inch by 15 inch tank waiting for them when they are big enough to be transferred.

Saz, my eggs are from thick-tailed geckos, I torched one a few days ago and something inside moved (I think) so I should be in luck, I've only ever kept and breed marbled geckos so i'm very excited. I'll post pics if/when they hatch.
cheers

Hey Saz, that enclosure looks great, and the little guys are so cute.

A question though - is that just an infra red heat light on top there? IF so, i would definately consider giving them a UV tube of some sorts. Especially while they're young! Unless you manage to get them out in the sun regularly. I know too many ppl that have lost young dragons over the past few months, and i believe the most common cause was a lack of UVA/B.

Ben.

Is it just me or do most captive central netteds look a bit drab/dull in colouration.

This pic here is of a wild male, who has been cooled down (he was a fair bit brighter).
100_1394.jpg

-H

YES, they're mad. I cant wait till I get some, jus gotta work out some living arrangements :lol:

Nephrurus - I've never seen one as nice as him, where was he from?

Thanks for the pics!!!! How can a lizard have so much expression in it's face!?

How can a lizard have so much expression in it's face!?

What? I'm pretty sure it's expression for suicidal is the same as it's expression for hysterically happy. :lol:

Jordo: He was caught as part of ongoing desert research in the Simpson Desert. I've not seen any this good in captivity either.

-H

Ooooo!!! Jordo you must be so excited! I have a clutch of Ciliaris and two clutches of Bynoe's at 60 days incubation on Monday. Maybe our geckos will have the same birthday LOL!

Ben - thank you for the advice. I am having to share a uv tube between my Intermedius and Williamsi and the netteds, so at the moment they are getting uv every other day!
The fluro light fittings for my shelving system arrived yesterday, but having checked them out they are only 13 watt, and I'm starting to worry that the UV lights don't come in wattage that low.
Any ideas?

Splitty - AWWWWWWWWW!!! Awesome enclosure!

Nephrurus - Cripes, I've never seen any with such intense colouring. All the adult males I've seen have varying degrees of red on their heads down to mid-back,
but not as bright as that little fella. Bet he doesn't have a job scoring babes!

wow, great pics all! Baby netted are just the cutest lil things :) Great pics Saz, luv the lil Golden Tailed Geck 2, my ultimate fave! Nephrurus, the male netted of yours has the most beautiful colouration on him!! Wish I had a couple of these lil guys :( Hopefully one day

Hopefully one day
I've heard that so often on this site :D
Ooooo!!! Jordo you must be so excited!
Saz, i still get exited when I get hatchling beardies, so as you can imagine I'm checking the eggs every 5 minutes :p

saz, how much you gonna be selling your bynoes for, i caught some of these guys out western qld and fell in love with them, pitty i culdnt keep those ones.

John

Nephrurus, the male netted of yours has the most beautiful colouration on him!!

He's not mine... he was wild caught, then released about 30 minutes later. Hopefully he's still getting around, bobbing his head and digging burrows.

-H

Have pm'd you John.

Does anyone know at what age netteds become sexually mature? I have heard three years of age, but considering that they only live 5-6 years, I would have thought it would be much younger than that.

:0)

I've heard they can breed at about 18mnths or less?
Are bynoes the geckos that produce viable eggs without males?

Hi Jordo, yes, that sounds more realistic. I was thinking that 3 yrs sounds very old for an animal to start breeding with such a short lifespan. Does anyone have a definite answer on the breeding age though? Would be nice to know for sure.

Yes, there are parthenogenetic populations of Bynoe's geckos, but mine are sexually reproducing, so their offspring will also be sexually reproducing. Actually these guys are breeding machines, I have 11 eggs out of the two females so far and one female is gravid again. They are such good feeders they are still nice and fat even after having multiple clutches each.

Here's a couple of pics of my adult bynoe's, they are just adorable! Very underrated in the gecko world I think!

Male (top) and female 1 (Female had laid a clutch the night before this photo was taken, and she's still nice and fat, hehehe!)
d6600728.jpg

Female 2
af9f0933.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back