Central netties!! Lend me your brainz!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lilmissrazz

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!!

Can I get some info on central netted dragons and pics of your enclosures and how you keep/care for your little guys. What are their fave foods etc etc?? Any tips or trick.
Just wanting all the info i can get.

Much appreciated guys!!

Thank you!!

~Rach x

hey
ive got central netted dragons and i feed them crickets and they bluddy love them and u can try meal worms

jayden

Thanks gary

Ive read that mate, was just wanting info and pics of enclosures from people who keep them. Learn some what to dos and what not to dos lol

wow i was real thinking about gettting a pair but after looking at the cage set up in the link and sum other stuff not sure if i have the time to have eva thing perfect like that its a shame there mad lil dragons to look at and watch

They dont really like Vege's as much as Bearded Dragons, i feed mine Woodies, i have them on Washed Sydney Sand and There enclosure is 4ft

i've got 4 of the little guys, they are awesome lizards, always running around, very entertaining. got some pics of their old enclosure, with a little tunnel system i made out of pvc pipes, which they loved. they love digging and hiding under rocks too so make sure they have lots of caves and stuff like that. they like climbing branches aswell. mine get woodies, they do eat some greens, but not much. hope that helped a bit!
Cam

Attachments

• IMGP5496.jpg
    IMGP5496.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 89
  • IMGP5447.jpg
    IMGP5447.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 72
  • IMGP5302.jpg
    IMGP5302.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 78
  • IMGP5445.jpg
    IMGP5445.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 69
hi guys, I have just got a male and female 2 days ago approx a year old and while the female is happy the male has constantly run around the cage and scratches at the glass front trying to get out and he does this constantly. Has anyone got any ideas how I can calm him down or is it just a bit more time for him to settle into his new cage.

hi guys, I have just got a male and female 2 days ago approx a year old and while the female is happy the male has constantly run around the cage and scratches at the glass front trying to get out and he does this constantly. Has anyone got any ideas how I can calm him down or is it just a bit more time for him to settle into his new cage.

hey lockyman,
they are all different, some are sensible and some are like your male, these have real character and no matter how big the enclosure he will still want more room.

i just love these guys with this type of character. I have one just the same, and whenever i place my arm in the enclosure to clean or change water or whatever, he jumps up onto my arm before i know it, the others do not do this, and he has always had this outgoing nature compared to the others simular to what you have described.
you will not be able to calm him down, so enjoy his antics

QUOTE =lilmissrazzHmmm dey da best hehehe Do you guys have any pics of ur enclosures?? Do u mist your netties??

lilmissraz - keep an eye on them and if they are drinking water freely then there is no need to mist, some have trouble with taking water freely, particularly hatch's this is why you would mist.
in saying this i do mist mine when in shed or if they are having difficulty shedding or i want to ease or reduce the shedding period, when shedding i will also add a large quantity of water into the sand and mix through.
This serves two purposes, it allows them to dig burrows in the damp sand, and also provides that added moisture for shedding purposes.

Some like greens and others do not, i offer dandelions or bochchoy regularly, cut up or as whole. they will eat a fair amount of this at times thats for sure, i prefer woodies over crickets, as i breed my own and they have a better calcium %ish and dont bother with meal worms as they should be given in moderation.

Camt44 - i like the enclosure mate, it looks great, i would like to see any other pics and desciption of it

heres a few pics

Attachments

• cnd 049.jpg
    cnd 049.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 45
  • cnd 091.jpg
    cnd 091.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 54
  • cnd 066.jpg
    cnd 066.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 48
My male is a bitch. The sookiest lizard i've ever come across. Some of the smallest skinks I've seen are packing more than him...

Bhahahahaha rocket!!

Thank you Bigi for your info its very helpful!!
I will how ever be investing in a different enclosure in the next 3 months for them as the one i have doesn't hold sand (Sliding glass doors right on the edge) Other than that the enclosure will be perfect!!

Question tho, How do you clean out your sand?? I have never used it for reps to be honest, I give them big digging pits but have never used as substrate . This may sound crazy but i figured you vacuum it out?? LOL

Yes I will be using woodies as i HATE crickets (& Grasshoppers & Christmas beetles, they just don't let go when on u!! CREEPY). Occasional mini mealies for a treat ;-D everyone loves a lil fatty food once in a while :-D

Bigi, are those netties fully grown?? the ones in your hand LOL THEY ARE ADOARABLE!!! I love the enclosure (forgot screen name) showed, the one with pipes ITS FANTASTIC!! (Steals idea hehehe) and i also like the chain to rest logs on, GENIUS!! (Stealin that too teehee)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back