chameleons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a dealer in Australia that sells chameleons? I saw one in the wild once whilst visiting the mountain gorillas in Rwanda, it was an amazing thing and had turned a whiteish colour as it was on the front of our truck.
I would imagine that they would demand a high price.

I'm gonna go nuts if someone posts this again

You can always move to America, Then not only can you have a chameleon, but you can have a monkey butler, Reticulated python and pet tiger.:D

I'm with Whitey wouldn't be expemsive to keep, except for the $10,000 fine that would hurt.

I've heard that they go for around $350 here in Sydney but am not interested and not helping anyone else to get one illegally. As nice as they are its not worth it.

Definitely agree, Rennie. Australia's ecology is so unique and fragile that it's just ridiculous that some people want to endanger that purely for the sake of their own entertainment. Just so they can watch a chameleon change colours and catch a fly. Herps are not there to amuse us, people. We need to re-examine our motives behind keeping them, which is primarily to raise awareness and understanding of previously feared and misunderstood creatures. It's just a bonus that they are so beautiful and entertaining.

Besides, isn't Australia's wildlife good enough for you ??

I'll just stick with going to the Australian Reptile Park to see their chameleons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back