Check Out what my Wife found!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SLR

Not so new Member
Reaction score
My wife was sweeping up the hallway tiles today and lo and behold she looked down and found this little scorpion! Pics below, he's so tiny! it's a shame it's not finders keepers!! Anyways the wife kept it for me and I took some photo's and released it. Anyone know what species it is? we live near the [SIZE=-1]Karawatha Forest, Berrinba.
[/SIZE]

Attachments

• scorp11.jpg
    scorp11.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 150
  • Scorp22.jpg
    Scorp22.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 90
  • Scorp33.jpg
    Scorp33.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 78
Thats a Marble Scorpion (Lychas mamoreus)

Great little scorpion! They sell for $15 on TheGreenScorpion :)

Thanks Thumpage44, They are amazing little guys! That's the second we have had in side the other was about 40mm long. It might be something I'll endevour to own one day... Hmmm....... To many awesome creatures not enough time and money!!!

Thats a Marble Scorpion (Lychas mamoreus)

Great little scorpion! They sell for $15 on TheGreenScorpion :)

You serious, I've seen plenty of marbled scorps and they're tiny (as picture indicates), I better start catching them and start a scorpian business :lol:

possibly marmoreus but you cant be sure from those pics.

a mate of mine found scorps a little smaller than that around bass hill. Sydney. Any thoughts on species?

a mate of mine found scorps a little smaller than that around bass hill. Sydney. Any thoughts on species?

The variatus/marmoreus complex is a very difficult group taxonomically and hasnt as yet been properly deciphered, if it ever is. The scorpion will belong in that species complex somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back